Technical Lead / Process Safety
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a process safety consultant as a Technical Lead to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and analysis to deliver quality projects to Siemens customers. These projects focus on process safety management with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems.
The Project Technical Lead Engineer (LE) in the consultancy engineering group is generally responsible for meeting the quality targets of the executed engineering analysis. The LE represents the technical authority of the assigned project or task. To meet these objectives, the LE is expected to utilize his/her expertise in the area of process design and safety with particular emphasis on the area of pressure relief systems.
Your new role – challenging and future – oriented
The successful candidate will have proven experience in process system design and analysis.
- Understanding of technical scope of work and project schedule
- Work with the PM on resolving baseline schedule deviations and potential schedule challenges. The PM owns the schedule and should initiate the schedule update/review process. The LE should also support the As Committed cost calculation.
- Own the project guidelines and communicate updates to project team.
- Attend project kick off and closeout meetings as well as support client review meetings.
- Pressure relief systems data collection and analysis, scenario identification of major refinery/chemical process units, relief device types and differences
- Pressure relief device (PRD) sizing including PRD piping hydraulic analysis (API 520/API 521/API 526/API 2000/ASME Codes)
- Process simulations
- Risk Mitigation; Provide new design specification and action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements to be in compliance with the regulations
- Conduct scenario review meeting, close out/discussion list meeting
- Ability to mentor/teach other engineers and do so regularly
- Ability to review work and provide feedback on a regular basis, both formally and informally
- Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining best practices and value proposition to support customer needs
- Attends and presents at specified industry technical conferences and seminars
- Self motivating/proactive approach to completing work, personnel training and development
Your Qualifications – Solid and Appropriate
- Bachelor’s/Master or PhD degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a refining or petrochemical operating and/or engineering consulting business environment.
- Experience in the area of upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas processes including refining is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical competence in the field of process safety.
- Good knowledge of English language, both writing and speaking – is a must
- Preferred skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and influence teams.
- Proficient in understanding of OSHA &European requirements for Process Safety Management
- Expected travel up to 10% domestically and internationally.
- Driving License.
Job ID: 80640
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time