Mechanical Engineer / Process Safety
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
The Safety Consulting business segment is looking for a
professional with fixed equipment and
process piping expertise, operating environment or consulting experience,
knowledge of refinery and petroleum codes and standards, and awareness of the
latest technology to execute, develop and manage Mechanical Integrity program implementation
for Siemens clients at the facility level. Responsibilities include the
complete set-up and management of inspection programs, Risk-Based Inspection
(RBI) implementation, Fitness-for- Service (FFS) evaluations, pressure vessel
re-rates and inspection supervision. Candidates must demonstrate individual
initiative and will interact frequently with client representatives. Excellent
interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills are necessary. A
successful candidate will have proven organizational skills and a customer
service focus. Detailed industry expertise in corrosion, metallurgy, inspection
techniques, and other inspection-related specialties is not required, but a
working knowledge is crucial. Training will be provided as necessary.
Familiarity with various industry processes a plus.
Your new role – challenging and future – oriented
- Acts as Project Lead conducting MI Audits, MI Program development, MI project implementation at various client sites.
- Develops technical solutions to support clients and sales staff
- Mentors less-experienced personnel on MI and RBI concepts
- Performs quality checks on project work prior to issuing to clients
- Participates in concepts and software training
- Provides new design specification &/or action plan preparation upon understanding customer requirements so that the clients can operate in compliance with the regulations
- Presents results to clients
- Support sales opportunities by clearly and fluently explaining Siemens' best practices and value proposition to support customer needs
- Attends and presents at specified O&G industry technical conferences and seminars
Your Qualifications – Solid and Appropriate
- BS in Engineering, Mechanical or Metallurgical required.
- Working knowledge of industrial fixed equipment and process piping
- 8 to10 years experience with oil and gas, refining, or petrochemical equipment.
- At least five years of working with fixed equipment design, repair, inspection, reliability, or other general maintenance.
- PSM, RBI, Fitness for Service (FFS) experience a plus.
- NBIC or API certifications a plus.
- Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) Certification a plus.
- Exposure with the following software is helpful: PS AIM, UltraPIPE, API RBI, Capstone RBMI, Meridium Corrosion and Inspection Manager, PCMS, VCESage, CodeCalc, MS Project.
- Interest in software development and MS Excel macros for MI data organization, mapping and transfer/ migration to MI software.
- Expected travel up to 25%
Job ID: 80644
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time