What are my responsibilities ?
1. Cost and Value Engineering (CVE):
Contribute to competitiveness and profitability of projects, products and solutions through CVE levers and methods;
Contribute expertise to the Siemens-wide CVE network;
Price research of materials, machines, etc.; comparative costing of e.g. material, processes, in close cooperation with the CVE’s in Europe and in the US
2. Generate transparency in terms of cost and value for systems, products and components incl. their production processes (CAO) and contribute benchmark information;
Maintain cost and value knowledge about systems, products and services as major value proposition in cross-functional collaboration;
Contribute application expertise of key levers such as TCP, CAO, SPI and DtV along the PLM / PM process
3. Target Costing and Target Pricing (TCP):
Provide benchmarking information on system cost and value (incl. alternative manufacturing scenarios and quantification of potentials) to Product Management, Procurement and R&D;
Compile feasible costs per component or system as basis for bottom-up target indication and cost split or rather for Target Costing and Target Pricing (TCP)
4. Design to Value and Standardization (DtV):
(Re-)calculate cost baselines of system and component costs according to design maturity.
Prioritize cost and value challenges per system function and component acc. to target.
Propose design improvements and changes to R&D and evaluate the related cost impact.
Involve crossfunctional partners stringently for relevant components and technologies
5. Optimization of suppliers supply chain (SPI):
Calculate costs according to planned supplier setup, propose and calculate improvement measures;
Identify and quantify improvement potentials, contribute transparency to negotiations;
Coach suppliers in technology-based and lean optimization of their supply chain
6. Networking and mutual support:
Integrate and guide product-specific CVE teams in alignment with Procurement, Engineering and R&D;
Foster CVE network and Siemens-wide knowledge exchange;
Foster a "givers" mindset in Division-internal activities and contribute own expertise in cross-Divisional collaboration
7. Development of cost and value models and design repositories;
Develop and establish costing models for system functions;
Maintain and provide benchmark data on design patterns and characteristics and related costs
8. Status meetings on a regular basis (once a month via Circuit) to determine details of employee service, to present the degree of target achievement, the current status of running CVE topics, the "One pager" for new CVE topics, successes and finally to exchange information
How Do I need to qualify for this position?
- Professional expertise in following areas: GRP composites, metal parts according to drawings, assembly processes, coating
- More than 5 years of experience in Cost and Value Engineering for mechanical systems / components or in R&D / Engineering of mechanical systems and components, or equal knowledge out of production, production engineering
- Expertise in Project Planning and Management, in leading and coaching cross- functional project teams
- Capability of work in international / different cultural environments
- Communication and presentation skills
- Fluent Chinese and English in speaking and writing, optimally also German