Technical sales manger Busbar - London /South
To secure Siemens Low & Medium Voltage (LMV) teams long term ‘Busbar’ future in GB&I. This will be achieved by continually expanding it’s market presence and fully exploiting its Busbar product portfolio and the capability of a totally integrated power system offering across Low & medium voltage.
The role will require taking full responsibility for achieving regional sales targets for the agreed busbar product portfolio by defining customer product propositions that add real value to the customers business. The Sales Manager is expected to engage regionally based customer representatives and significantly influence their short, medium and long term strategies. This role requires technical knowledge across the full spectrum of the busbar portfolio as well as Low & Medium voltage product offerings. You are ultimately responsible for being technical and commercial face of the projects and closing the deal. The position will require ongoing role assessment and review as the portfolio grows, the strategy develops and we increase our market penetration.
Main Accountabilities & Role Content:
- Secure a significant share of the busbar market segment.
- Delivery excellent cusomter service & monitor cusomter satisfaction levels.
- Develop ‘Go to Market’ channel approach through sound market intelligence and understanding of Siemens MS portfolio, and innovation. Document a 3 yr regional sales strategy
- Keep appraised of competitor approaches & offerings, including intelligence on reputation, capability, customer base, products, pricing & promotion in order to devise successful sales strategies & tactics to achieve business objectives.
- Creation of opportunity “Win strategies”, defining customer spend strategy, competitive environment and identifying fiscal new orders and business development requirements.
- Maintain adequate reporting of sales opportunities and customer information, ensure accuracy of CRM – Philos system
- Product Launches, marketing campaigns & promotions within your region that will result in maximum sales growth.
- Ensure clear communication strategy at all levels of the Customers/Market.
- Responsible for overall order input budget and Business Development progress in your assigned region
- Strategy & collaboration with Siemens Sales colleagues (Industry, Energy, LV, power partners etal) to maximize Siemens busbar product & system offerings.
- Coordination with MS tendering / Eng delivery to ensure the project is successfully delivered to customer requirements.
- Strategy, collaboration & selection of Consultant & architects for product placement in specifications and FEED studies.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
- Educated to HNC standard or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Excellent busbar product knowledge & practical installation / application experience.
Knowledge / Experience Requirements
- Record of success in major Low voltage sales with proven track record in product sales.
- Wide ranging commercial and contractual experience including end-to-end bid management.
- Track record of excellent communications & influencing skills
- Good knowledge / experience of Siemens corporate culture and motivations.
- Good understanding of the LV market.
- Good understanding of MV/LV product technologies and applications.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Fully conversant with AuotCad, Single Line Diagrams
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time effectively to achieve targets
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 81295
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time