With more than 6,000 employees at Siemens Mexico, it is considered one of the leading countries in Siemens due to its growth potential.
Siemens Mexico is also responsible for business development in five other countries in Mesoamerica: Guatemala, Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic and El Salvador, and has a privileged geographical position between North America and South America.
With the goal of becoming a key partner for Mexico's technological progress, Siemens works to maximize the potential of the country infrastructure, and is in a position to guarantee a reliable energy supply in Mexico. New, highly efficient power plants are being built, while the necessary modernization measures are being taken to update the older plants.
The Commissioning Engineer in the electrical area will be involved in the configuration, factory and site tests systems for electrical substations whit different protection schemes.
You will work directly developing skills that include:
• Configuration of all devices in the assigned project according to the engineer details.
• Manage the different automation software used for electrical substations.
• Verify the correct operation in the protection scheme for solutions of transmission or distribution electrical substations.
• Support performing specialized testing during all commissioning phases of project, Factory and Site.
• Analyzing equipment operation
• Participants are full-time employees.
• Project management.
• Siemens business systems and values.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Electric Engineer or similar with 3 years of experience
• Strong electrical background needed.
• General experience in Transmission and Distribution substations electric.
• Basic Knowledge of protocol communications for substations electric (DNP 3.0, IEC-61850, Modbus RTU, IEC-60870-103, IEC-60870-104, OPC) etc.
• Advanced Knowledge and facility to read electrical diagrams.
• Configuration software like DIGSI, Enervista, Quickset, Architect, etc.
• Skill and knowledge to working in team.
• Desirable use of tools and service test equipment.
• Able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
• Ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way.
• Self-starter with strong commitment in task assigned.
• Able to interface with customers in a positive and professional manner.
• Job requires willingness and possibilities for frequent travel and participation local delivery of customer specific projects globally.
• Advanced level of English