Junior Railway Signaling Engineer (m/f)
The Siemens Mobility and Transport division provides integrated mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics transport. For the efficient transportation of passengers and goods, we combine specialization in automation and electrification by road and rail, rail vehicles, turnkey systems, consulting and consumer services.
We are looking for a “Junior Railway Signaling Engineer” (m/f):
What are my responsibilities?
To execute the tasks related to the Application of Mission Critical Safety Systems within the Rail Signaling Industry following the Quality, Safety, Health and Environment specifications and requirements established by the law or the client.
- To gather requirements from customer and negotiate best, suitable and improved solutions.
- To analysis of the requirements and evaluate design solutions for projects.
- To prepare technical specifications for complying with the requirements of Contract Projects with different levels of complexity.
- Implementing Technical solutions (HW, SW and Systems).
- To carry out internal lab tests and lab tests with the client.
- To carry out commissioning and testing on site.
- To write and develop hand books and to support Client with training sessions.
- To participate in maintenance activities: Event Resolutions and prepare reports over non critical events, when necessary.
- Planning and Management: Participate in the creation of the work plans he/she might be involved in.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or similar.
- Strong computer science knowhow/skills Fluent English skills.
- Knowledge and previous experience with Microsoft tools, Windows, Word, Excel.
- Fluent in English.
- Communication and negotiation skills.
- Timetable flexibility as requested for the project, including punctually night shift during short periods.
- Availability for domestic and international travels with possibility in working abroad when needed.
- Previous experience in automation systems
- Knowledge and previous experience with programming Skills Java, Python, C, C++, shell
- Knowledge of Project execution tools, ex. MS Project
- Knowledge and previous experience with Autocad.
What else do I need to know?
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application.
Job ID: 81694
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time