R&D Graduate Engineer
How do you shape the future through engineering?
We are looking for the decision makers of tomorrow, talented engineering graduates ready to help Siemens shape entire industries, cities and even countries in our research & development department, part of 'Siemens Mobility Limited’. With unprecedented level of investment, there has never been a better time to gain experience in the rail industry.
Join us as a Graduate to get to know us from the inside, develop your natural talents on the job - and work at the cutting edge of engineering.
The demand for mobility is growing as the transportation of people and goods to all corners of the earth presents challenges for the infrastructure and national economies. Mobility is providing solutions to the following questions: How will cities solve the problems of increasing traffic? How can railway operators improve the punctuality of service and security of their systems? How can we ensure that the carbon footprint produced by transportation is kept to a minimum?
All mobility-related products, solutions and services from Siemens are bundled into 'Siemens Mobility Limited’. Part of Siemens Mobility Ltd is ‘Siemens Rail Automation’ who are a global leader in the research, development, design, supply, installation and commissioning of trackside and trainborne signalling as well as train control solutions. We also work on international projects from our Chippenham headquarters where you will be based throughout your graduate programme, although there will be opportunities to work in other locations.
Our graduate development programme is accredited by the *Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)- and the *Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)-. You will rotate around the department and briefly outside in other parts of the business gaining engineering specific competences towards becoming a Chartered Engineer with a recognised professional body.
Work closely with your mentor to establish a personal development plan in order to let your skills shine - whilst getting to know our business and our impact on society through a variety of hands-on assignments.
The end goal? To equip yourself for a move into a responsible engineering role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in delivering R&D project objectives at various phases in the project lifecycle
- Developing knowledge and skills in the following R&D functional areas:
- Project Management
- Formal Test Automation
- Systems/Requirement Engineering
- Quality Process and RAMSS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety & Security)
- Technical Publications
- Human Factors
- Verification & Validation
- Electro-mechanical, Electronics & Firmware
- Building a working knowledge of our products, systems and strategies for implementation.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of R&D by identifying efficiencies while promoting engineering excellence, through the adoption of new processes tools and methods of working.
- Carrying out work placements in specified technical and non-technical in and outside of R&D
- Promote R&D projects alongside other R&D Graduates, Apprentices and Interns within the business
- Contribute to the R&D Graduate & Apprentice innovation project
- A minimum 2:2 degree in an engineering, software or technology based subject.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree which must be accredited towards acquiring Chartered Engineer (CEng) status with a relevant professional institution.
- A willingness to learn and ability to innovate.
- Safety culture awareness - to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers.
- Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and projects.
- Aspiration to be a leader or specialist within an engineering environment.
Job ID: 81752
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time