Design Engineer/Senior Design Engineer - Protection - Settings
Responsible for providing protection setting calculations, studies and reports for 400/275/132kV Transmission circuits and substations, also 400V LVAC circuits on the electricity distribution network within the employee’s business area LTS. Delivering departmental work packages on time and to budget.
- Responsible for the production of protection and control settings for 13.9kV up to 400kV substations and LVAC systems.
- Responsible for the production of protection co-ordination studies and settings reports for 13.9kV up to 400kV substations and LVAC systems.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of templates to ensure consistent results are obtained.
- Liaises with Project/Protection Engineers to ensure full scope of work is covered.
- Responsible for attending technical meetings with client to ensure technical satisfaction.
- Responsible for reviewing commissioning switching programmes on a circuit by circuit basis to extract commissioning O/C requirements.
- Input into Compliance Matrices, Design Intent Documents and Functional Design Specifications as required.
- Responsible for adhering to latest specifications and processes.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
- Responsible for the interpretation and analysis of fault records and recommending settings policy changes if required.
- Commitment to Siemens Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
- To actively input to T2W and Top+ business improvement programme within the Engineering Department.
- HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering.
- NG TP141 authorised for design verification (desirable).
- Typically two years design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
- Conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
- Knowledge of protection scheme application.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 81758
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time