Localization Project Engineer
What are my responsibilities?
- Managing technical topics of the localization projects (qualification of local sources for global factory usage) including assisting in planning, organizing and engaging cross-functional teams to bring about the successful execution of the project objectives from a technical perspective,
- Bringing technical aspects into the strategies to ensure long-term, cost-effective supply of materials and monitoring the Turkish market to bring new suppliers into the factory portfolio,
- Support to minimize risks and ensure technical requirements with suppliers for medium to large volumes to contribute to the profitability of the company,
- Identify technical potential and appropriate methodology at contract award stage,
- Support cross-functions from a technical perspective (selection/qualification/evaluation/development) to gain the most suitable suppliers and guarantee an optimum performance,
- Prepare and archive the release documents and supplier reports,
- Analyzing and managing correction / improvement activities in case of technical problems,
- Defining the procedures for the materials and production at suppliers end, in line with international standards,
- Collaboration and coordination with local and foreign cross-functional partners regarding the localization activities,
- Support localization strategies, such as scheduling, make or buy decisions by taking technical requirements into account,
- Regularly measures and monitors project progress to identify variances from the plan and make regular reporting regarding KPI’s, ensure sustainability.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or similar discipline, master’s degree is an asset,
- Minimum 3 year experience in a Technical, Quality or Procurement fields is required,
- Experience in international business,
- Experience in Project Management,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Turkish, German is an asset.
What else do I need to know?
- Male candidates should have completed the military service requirement,
- No restriction for travelling and frequently travelling will be required.
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site
Job ID: 81797
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time