The Installations Manager is a key member of the I&C Management team and their objectives should be to deliver to time, quality and cost in a responsible, excellent and innovative manner within a framework promoting zero harm, increased safety awareness and overall well-being.
- Support the Head of I&C to manage the operational performance of the site delivery teams to achieve or better business area margin and EBIT targets.
- To be directly responsible for the execution and delivery of all on site activities for existing and future projects in conjunction with the Business Manager and Operations & Planning Manager.
- To continuously improve the contract delivery process.
- To actively implement continuous improvement initiatives (EFQM, Top+, PM@Siemens etc) to improve business area performance and profitability.
- To be responsible for productivity at site.
- To review and agree the delivery model, organisation, schedule and associated cost base in support of the proposals and cost estimating process.
- Support the Head of I&C for all I&C activities.
- Support the Head of I&C in the management of budgets and operational performance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Site Installation teams deliver or better their work package programme of works toTime, Cost and Quality all within an environment promoting Zero Harm and Well Being.
- Ensure the site installation teams deliver I&C projects teams deliver to meet business objectives.
- Ensure all variations / amendments to work scope are captured to ensure financial and commercial awareness and management control.
- Assisting the project teams to identify and manage project commercial risk.
- Set KPIs to monitor and achieve continuous project delivery performance improvements.
- Checking and signoff of the site project purchase requisitions, calc sheets, variations etc. as dictated by signature protocol
- By active involvement in TOP+ initiatives introduce cost efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Liaise with the Operations and Planning Manager and Resource Coordinator to ensure sufficient and competent resources are deployed to meet project requirements.
- Develop a recruitment plan to satisfy existing and future contract delivery requirements to maintain high levels of utilization and cost effectiveness.
- Liaise with support functions to ensure resource requirements are suitably trained and competent to meet business requirements.
- Assessing and implementing a training and development programme that will raise the level of the site delivery teams.
- Assess and develop existing staff capability to realise their full potential and implement appropriate succession planning.
- Manage the coaching and mentoring process with the business.
- Active involvement in succession planning and development of site teams.
- Building and maintaining new and existing long-term customer business relationships.
- Ensuring all customer complaints/plaudits are registered and closed out in a timely manner to Client satisfaction.
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels are monitored and improved to set KPIs.
- Attend steering committee or similar customer initiatives sitting above Projects as required.
- Processes and Systems
- Ensure continuous compliance with Siemens Health and Safety Environmental and Quality policy and procedures
- Monthly reviewing and management reporting and forecasting of costs for all onsite activities.
- Ensuring lessons learnt on projects are transferred into the database.
- Working with functional specialists to develop standards, e.g. engineering, procurement, health and safety construction etc.
- Participation in EFQM continuous improvement initiatives.
- Active involvement in supporting and rolling out PM@ Siemens initiatives.
Tendering, Procurement & Supplier Management
- Liaison with tendering department to approve scope, schedule, budget and resource requirements of tenders before submission.
- Engage and be part of developing win strategy at outset of tendering process
- Experience in a line management function, preferably within the ElectricityTransmission & Distribution Industry.
- Experience in the management of multi-discipline engineering projects with site management experience desirable.
- Have experience of leading multi - disciplined site teams consisting of Project mgrs, site mgrs,supervisors, technicians ,craftsmen.
- Project and Contract Management experience essential.
- Must demonstrate commercial and financial awareness.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, particularly negotiating skills essential
- Experienced in purchasing and tendering procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of CDM Regulations / Current H&S legislation & Risk Management processes
- Good knowledge of Commercial/Contractual issues, inclusive of claim resolution
- Proven record in developing teams that deliver safely to time and cost.
- Formal qualifications to Degree level in Engineering related subject would be desirable.
- Diploma / Masters in Management related subject desirable.
- NEBOSHH Certificate in Health & Safety
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation
Job ID: 81817
Organisation: Energy Management
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time