Competence Development Manager 80-100 %
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Division Building Technologies with its international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, is a global market leader in the field of safe, energy-efficient and eco-friendly buildings and infrastructure. Together with around 30,000 employees worldwide, we are helping to create a better future. We offer a unique combination of business areas: as a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, we offer solutions and services relating to personal safety, building security and automation, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning technology, as well as energy management. Visit siemens.ch/jobs/bt for an insight into our organization, our products and services, the challenges we face, our vacancies and the opportunities open to you to start, change or advance your career at our Building Technologies Division.
Building Technologies in Europe (BT EU) is a major contributor to BT's overall performance with a comprehensive customer base ranging from small companies to large Siemens corporate accounts and focuses on energy efficiency as well as safety and security offerings. The exchange of best practice between Zones, Areas and Branches as well as the shared utilization of CoCs across BT Europe will accelerate the growth of our new business offerings and improve the performance of our base business.
The headquarters office of BT EU is based in Zurich, where the General Management and People Excellence team, is in charge of enabling operational business units for profitable growth, by providing standards, frameworks and competency development programs, as well as driving greater consistency and allowing faster and more effective access to content.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic colleague to lead and support our Competence Management activities across our Region.
Your new responsibilities
- Responsible to consolidate operational core business competences across Building Technologies Region Europe to ensure that new and existing processes and applications are fully leveraged, and customer experience is maximized
- Guide and enable the development of competences of our employees, including management, to ensure we deliver best in class customer experience
- Drive the implementation of harmonized training programs, introduce new, innovative, cutting-edge, tailored development measures, and track the implementation to ensure the application of new skills to maximize core business competences
- In collaboration with the HR colleagues you run various talent management activities, as well as job description standardization
- In addition, you lead and coach teams and team members, enable outstanding performance and assist their development across boundaries of the organization
Your skills and experience
- University degree in economics or engineering. A Master’s degree in business administration would be a plus
- Several years of experience in leading or supporting the development of competences in the organization, or business development of senior functions, within an international technology company
- Agile Coaching Certification, or equivalent, would be a plus.
- Excellent analytical and intercultural skills combined with a "hands on" and goal-oriented mentality
- Ability to collaborate and influence at senior level within a globally distributed, complex organizational structure
- Flexible and self-motivated with a pro-active workstyle
- Fluency in English is a must; any other European language would be a plus
Good reasons to work at Siemens
We offer a large number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/employer.
Your new workplace
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references and certificates as well as an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID at: email@example.com. Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 81901
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either