Title: Engineer – Product Implementation (Solution Engineer)
Location: Noida, India
Organization: CT RDA DS AA EM DG-SWS SP
Mode of employment: Full time
Job Description: The right individual for this job will be responsible for the full lifecycle implementation of an MDM - meter data management product, and other Smart Grid oriented applications. This includes the requirements gathering, specification documentation, system construction/configuration, testing, Q/A, delivery and post Go-Live activities. The Solution Engineer role will contribute to the software installation, configuration, business validation, performance tuning, exception handling and implementation support efforts of the Professional Services team. This is a customer facing position that requires a high level of professionalism, working hand in hand with the Project Manager, Solution Architect, other Solution Engineers, and the end-user base to deliver a quality solution.
Strong technical engineers with a solid business and technical background, a solid understanding of Enterprise Software delivery in the Smart Meter/Smart Grid Utility space, and experience with current and prevalent web technologies. Understanding of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Data Management (MDM) is a plus. This is an analytical, technical, problem-solving, customer facing position focused on installing, configuring and testing Smart Grid software solutions to meet customer requirements. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to work independently, remotely and multi-task in very fast-paced and dynamic environment.
What are my responsibilities?
- Participate on teams comprised of Project Managers, Solution Architects and other Solution Engineers.
- Provide work estimates and regular status updates to be used in project planning & tracking.
- Deploy, configure and test EnergyIP® Platform and Smart Grid Application solutions.
- Assist in designing workflows, new processes, data flows and integrations with existing systems and business practices.
- Create and deliver end user training and workshops through on-site implementation test cycle.
- Create, execute and support customer acceptance test plans for EnergyIP® Platform and Smart Grid Application solutions.
- Provide technical assistance with the creation of operational processes.
- Identify, log, track and assist in the resolution of software and process issues.
- Provide the first tier of support for technical questions on software functionality from end-users, internal and external customers.
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
- Drive installation and deployment standards
- Be a team played and individual contributor as business demands
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 80%
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BE degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant field.
- 4 - 6.5 years of experience in enterprise systems integration and extensive customer-facing consulting experience
- Experience creating technical documentation (requirements, high and low level design documents, etc)
- Experience installing software’s i.e. Oracle, preferably on UNIX and Windows platforms and maintaining several versions of the software in both virtual and hosted solutions.
- Unix navigation and system administration includes TCP/IP networking, security and management preferably on multiple platforms including AIX, RedHat ES4,
- Oracle 10G or higher, understands databases.
- Proficiency in PL/SQL, Packages, Triggers, Procedures
- Hands on Experience with Web technology deployment, configuration and administration.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus architecture.
- Understanding of Java web applications server technology specifically integration technologies including JMS / Web Services / Rest / SOAP / XML(PREFERRABLE)
- Hands on Experience with using a source control system like Clear Case ,Perforce etc.
- Comfortable driving installation and deployment standards and works well in front of customers in conjunction with the Professional Services organization.
- (PRODUCT IMPLEMENTAION, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, NO PURE FUCNTIONAL BUT TECHNO FUNCTIONAL WILL WORK )
- Customer management experience
- Implementation is mandatory.
What else do I need to know?
Knowledge and Experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, senior management and executives and project teams.
- Strong analytical and on the job problem solving skills
- Experience in enterprise systems integration, consulting or customer-facing information technology field.
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation and Load technologies (ETL).
- Knowledge on Meter Data Management Systems and Smart Grid
- Relevant experience and familiarity with Smart Grid initiatives within Utility company and/or Smart Grid software Delivery Company preferred.
- Experience with CIS, AMI, and/or other relevant “Meter-to-Cash” value chain applications a plus.
Contact: If you have further questions regarding this job offer, please be free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID: 82398
Organization: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time