Business IT Internship
How do you shape the future through IT? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The talented undergraduates with the ambition to make a difference through technology and shape the future. See how we’re influencing society – and develop your natural talents on the job.
Join us on this sandwich year placement within the Global Services Information Technology business. Within the Internship you will have the chance to participate in a range of trainings to enhance your development. The role will start in September 2019 for 12 months.
- Get exposure to a range of business and technology challenges
- Work alongside international teams to come up with local improvements to the way we do business
- Get to grips with the specific processes, methods and challenges within each area
- Demonstrate your progress and learning so you can start building your profile within our company
- Seek out opportunities that strengthen your skills and knowledge – and prepare you for future graduate roles
Global Services Information Technology (GS IT) Roles
In GS IT we aim to help all the businesses within Siemens focus on digitalization, whilst also supporting all Siemens employees to use IT products and services as efficiently as possible, making IT an asset to their day to day working lives.
During your internship you will be placed within one of the departments within GS IT; there are Business Engagement, User Engagement and Regional Management Services. These areas are explained below.
Business Engagement is an internal customer facing function that develops and fosters relationships with Siemens business partners. Business Engagement understands captures, describes and assesses business requirements. Business Engagement proactively identifies opportunities to improve business results by offering respective solutions and ensures their timely implementation.
User Engagement (UN) relates to the user’s experience in the use of information technology solutions and services provided by Siemens IT. A user facing function that is responsible for driving efficient and effective use of the IT services, User Engagement will ensure high end user satisfaction and productivity improvements.
Regional Management Services
Regional Management Services (RMS) exists to develop the regional IT organization's culture and productivity through continuous improvement whilst ensuring compliance through the implementation of consistent methodologies, processes and systems. The function also supports the alignment of the region with Global IT strategy, architecture and portfolio management.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You are an undergraduate studying for a degree in Business or Information Technology/Information Management combined with Business
- You are a curious self-starter and want to work in an environment where innovation has a real impact on the world
- You want to make a meaningful contribution to the organisation you work for and have a track record of achieving your goals
- You enjoy using technology in business operations to streamline how we do things
- You feel comfortable working in different cultural settings
- You may have some experience in: Project Management, Operations Management and Quality Management, Service Management, Governance and Controlling, Requirements Definition/Enterprise Architecture
You will be based in Poole and there may be opportunities to travel depending on your role.
Is there anything more valuable than walking into work, knowing you’re making a difference? Due to the kind of projects we pursue, on a daily basis, every one of our employees has a strong hand in shaping the future.
Alongside this you will also receive;
- Competitive Salary
- Great holiday allowance
- Worthwhile pension scheme
- Life, Critical Illness and Personal Accident Insurance
- Employee Share Plan
- Private Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Perks at Work – Discounts on everyday spending
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for 170 years. One of the world's largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of efficient power generation and power transmission solutions and a pioneer in infrastructure solutions as well as automation, drive and software solutions for industry.
Job ID: 82606
Organisation: Global Services
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time