Graduate Consultancy Services Traffic Engineer
delivering and servicing trains for use in the UK, to intelligent signaling and
traffic systems, our mission is to help get people and goods to where they need
to go. Our solutions improve and support rail and traffic flow in congested
urban and inter-urban areas, as well as connecting our cities.
How do you shape the future through engineering? We’re looking for the decision-makers of tomorrow. The bright and cool-headed engineering graduates.
Consultancy Services (CS) are an engineering team delivering a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
The purpose of the role is to deliver of a wide range of Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS) related projects including traffic modelling and traffic signal design, MOVA validation, UTC configuration and consultancy projects on Enforcement, Air Quality, Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure and Connected and Autonomous Vehicles. This role will require close working with other parts of the CS team and the local field services, tendering and PLM teams. This is a technical role but also requires liaison one to one with our customer base on a daily basis.
The Siemens Graduate Programme is completed whilst carrying out this role which includes a number of training courses and possible a long term placement within another department or Siemens division.
- Deliver a wide range of traffic engineering and ITS projects across the UK in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice
- Deliver traffic engineering projects in accordance with ergonomic, economic and sustainable principles
- Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects
- Travel to site visits and customer meetings with overnight stays where appropriate
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications
- Preparation of consultancy/design quotations
- Be studying towards an engineering degree or related degree.
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
- Ability to analyse data and produce related conclusions
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and manage your own workload
Job ID: 82637
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time