Graduate Contract Manager
How do you shape the future through engineering? We are looking for the bright Business or STEM graduates to join our Service departments in Siemens Traffic Solution, a part of the Mobility division. Mobility is supplying answers to the questions of our time: How will cities solve the problems of increasing traffic? What solutions are available to avoid the looming threat of total gridlock? All the mobility-related products, solutions, and services from Siemens are bundled in the Mobility Division.
This two year rotational programme is designed to develop excellent business managers and will give you the opportunity to experience different departments. You will be given operational responsibility from an early stage and at the end of the 1st year on the scheme you will be exposed to first line people and customer management responsibilities. You will be mentored throughout the programme and training will be tailored to your development needs. At the end of the two years, it is expected that you will progress into a Contract/Project Management role.
- You will be required develop a good understanding of the regulations relevant to health and safety at work, working with electricity, excavations in the highway, etc.
- You will be involved in project assignments which will have real impact upon the areas which you are operating, in terms of profitability, productivity and service
- This role is primarily concerned with the management of long term contracts and one-off projects, therefore there will be a requirement to be able to meet critical deadlines & co-ordinate others to ensure that the business within an area is working as efficiently as possible
- Understand how a sales and margin report operates and keep in line with the set targets
- To influence our external customers and promote the benefits of the company’s products and services.
- You must be expecting or have achieved a 2:2 or above in a Business or STEM related degree
- You must be keen to pursue a career in Management (rather than a technical career)
- The ability to lead and motivate a team
- The development of a good team spirit with a flexible approach is required, together with the ability to work within guidelines
- You will need to have a logical approach to help solve problems that may arise
What else do I need to know?
Although this role is primarily based in Surrey or Glasgow, you may be required to travel and relocate throughout the programme, so you must be geographically flexible. Also, you will take part in the Siemens Graduate Development Programme (GDP), covering the personal skills you will need at this stage in your career. Siemens offer a competitive package alongside your salary, including benefits such as a company matched pension, share scheme and much more.
Job ID: 82764
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time