What are my responsibilities QA/QC Inspector/Technician
- Perform QA/QC inspections activities with dimensional inspection.
- Trained to use all measuring equipment’s line micrometers, vernier etc.
- Maintain the company interest in the production schedule and quality audits.
- Advise supervisors and managers on application of industry standards with emphasis on expediting the completion of repaired, overhaul and inspection jobs.
- Acts as a role model for professional behavior on the job, in all communications and in commitment for all jobs in shop.
- Maintain QA/QC records as necessary for tracking of all inspection activities and material traceability and calibration of measuring instruments.
- Prepare reports, memorandums, requisitions, specifications and correspondence for QA/QC
- Attend QC/QA meeting and prepare meeting notes as needed.
- Lead the internal and external quality audits for the department.
- Review purchase orders for inspection and repair scope & material requirements as needed.
- Develop QA/QC database as necessary to track documentation and critical data.
- Maintain and monitor all measuring instrument for calibration.
- Should work under ISCOSA/SIEMENS safety standards and strictly implement and follow such standards.
- Coordinate, monitor and improve the QA/QC efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- College diploma in mechanical engineering
- Certification for NDT testing
- Five to eight years experience in shop and the ability to take dimensional measurements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to work independently with minimum supersession
- Have a valid driving license
What do I need to know?
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Decision making
- Business competence
Job ID: 82912
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time