Siemens is offering an exciting opportunity for a student to join our Social Innovation team on a 12 month internship supporting the Schools and Education function. Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology Services Company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years and we provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges.What are my responsibilities?
• Assist the Schools Education and Outreach Managers in day to day activities including monthly analysis reporting.
• Support our education portal siemens.co.uk/education both in promotion and content
• Co-ordinate and support CSR, school and college engagement activities & communicate with key stakeholders
• Support all education related event management for both large (eg:Big Bang) and small events (e.g. local STEM activities in schools)
• Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to support maintenance of our education branding, website updates and social media presence. Creating Youtube style videos that support educational activity.
• Support the development of social innovation projects
• Ensure PO payments are processed on time to our suppliers.
• Contribute to consistent talent management programmes and work experience programme by liaising with the HR and CSR community
• Support Entry Level Talent Acquisition project activities and communication plans
• Ad-hoc additional requests related to the above and to apprentices and graduates need when necessary
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You will have completed or be studying towards an IT, Business,Teaching or Education, Digital Marketing or Media and communications related degree working towards a 2:1 or above
• You will have a strong interest in creating and delivering teaching resources, (including videos) and be able to analyse information that helps Siemens work towards improving our digital business processes and communication.
• You will have strong presentation skills and be confident delivering activities in schools.
• Experienced using Microsoft Excel and Word with good data analytical skills
What else do I need to know?
This role will be for a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract starting and be based in our Manchester office. Regular travel will be required around the UK so you will need to be flexible in regards to travel (driver preferred).
The advert will close after December; we will be in touch in January to let you know if you have made it to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Job ID: 82988
Organisation: Human Resources
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time