Quality Assurance - Engineer Test
Product QA/QC Test Engineer
Siemens Industry Software SRL
You will be a member of the team responsible for the QC/QA of forthcoming 3D Simulation products based on NX CAE platform. The products encompass several attributes including Acoustics and Vibration, Structural Analysis, Multi-body Simulation and more.
The primary tasks are:
- Review Requirements and Functional specifications and provide input w.r.t. testability.
- write new project test plans to qualify the contents of project requirements and functional specifications.
- Design detailed test cases: both for manual and automated execution as defined in the project test plan.
- Work together with development team to verify test approach and coverage.
- Generate test input data using NX or other modeling software.
- Execute tests manually, collect the results, report bugs when needed
- write bug reports, follow up on them, verify the fix
- create QA documentation to prove the QA effort
- judge the overall quality result of a project (pass/fail) and communicate it to the project owner
- use python scripting language to generate automatic regression tests
- maintain existing test
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor or Master Engineering Degree or equivalent by experience (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, computer)
• From education or previous job(s):
- Hands-on industrial experience with CAE software tools, especially with a commercial Pre-and Post-Processor Environment for one of the main FEA solvers (Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, …). Knowledge about SYSNOISE solver would be a big advantage!
- Experience with software testing
Specific technical competencies:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system,
• Basic knowledge in using a software development environment
• Basic programming and scripting skills for test automation. Knowledge of PYTHON is an advantage.
• Strong ability to understand simulation models of complex mechanical systems.
Specific personal competencies:
• Attention to detail, accurate and methodical.
• Result oriented team player that has the ability to work independently.
• Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment.
• Ability to work in a virtual and international team.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.
Job ID: 83020
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time