Development/Operations (DevOps) Technical Lead
The Siemens Mobility business unit has approximately 90,000 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. Its offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions (a division of Siemens Mobility) are the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years.
We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
The Role -
Siemens are looking for a Development/Operations (DevOps) Technical Lead who is able to technically lead a small dedicated DevOps Team supporting the provision, operation and on-going development of a high availability real time system where data integrity is key.
Key development areas are enforcement systems such as congestion charging, low emission zones for cities, road tolling and Intelligent Traffic management Systems (ITS) where Siemens are a market leader in the sector, aiming to make for more efficient ‘smart cities’ globally. Role includes 3rd line support for operations, including 24/7 on call rota.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual with technical experience and commercial awareness developing, delivering and supporting live systems for a key client. This will involve participation in a 24/7 3rd line rota shared across a small team.
- You will have worked on projects through a complete software development lifecycle from inception to delivery.
- You will show a passion for software development, working at every level from individual microservices through to end to end systems. We are developing a new and exciting set of products so, where you would be able to influence the processes that the development team will follow in order to produce reliable, scalable solutions.
- You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct the future of Siemens ITS.
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to understand user requirements or system interface definitions, and develop reliable, provable solutions. We are looking for someone who will question and continuously improve our methodologies according to the changing business needs
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- You will have a natural flare for technology and be motivated to keep abreast of current trends
- You should be confident in your oral and written communication skills, being at ease communicating with your team as well as presenting at an appropriate level to senior management and customers when required
- You will have some exposure with willingness to continue to develop your skills in leading projects and leading systems development delivery.
- You will have exposure of working in an Agile environment.
- You will be able to confidently converse and influence on architectural aspects – for example underlying infrastructure, host servers, networks, storage, AWS.
- You will be comfortable in using a number of these technologies -
- Virtualised server environment (e.g. VMWare)
- Databases: SQL Server Enterprise, MySQL
- Target OS: Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Enterprise level MQ (e.g. IBM WebSphere MQ)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 83157
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time