Business and Software Development Intern
How do you shape the future of business development and cloud apps?
Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions – We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business.
We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow. The bright and level-headed undergraduates, with a highly motivated ‘can do’ attitude to help to make a difference in the world.
Embark on a journey with Siemens Digital Factory and Process Industries and Drives based in Manchester and work within the Business Development and Management team on key business projects for a 12 month duration that will leave you with excellent knowledge on a global innovator of technology and engineering.
Siemens Digital Factory and Process Industries and Drives provide innovative solutions for UK industry - we optimise our customers processes, maximise productivity and reduce their energy costs with our product range of automation equipment and totally integrated solutions for the global community/industry that will support and sustain the environment, and address global challenges. We support companies to maximise productivity in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
Responsibilities will include:
- Market/Competitor Analysis - Undertake Industry market & competitor analysis / Maintain business division information to support strategy and business development. Support identification of white space to optimise resource and maintain online market information channels, publishing updated information on market trends and competitors
- Information Management - Own and manage online channels for internal distribution of marketing information. Administer and further improve Business Development communication channels & promote information sharing across Management Team. Update and maintain focus vertical market intranet pages and explore mechanism of useful interaction through Siemens social media platforms
- General - Support the “Power of One” and "Vision 2020" strategy and work closely with the sales and business management team in all areas to ensure success
This role is a hybrid role which will combine the above with the following responsibilities:
- Intern will have responsibility for undertaking development of cloud based software applications.
- The role is also expected to support business development and strategic projects for business units or market segments.
- You will also have the opportunity to be undertaking business analysis involving our information management systems.
- You will create User Experience for digital apps (focus on concepts-interaction-interface-design). Solutions will be based on MindSphere Platform using MindApps
Here is what it takes to join some of the worlds brightest minds:
- You will be studying towards a 2:2 or above in Business management, Business studies, Marketing or IT
- You will have experience of working in an online environment with knowledge of relevant web development tools
- You will have an understanding of MS SharePoint web application platform
- You will be capable of operating and liaison at all different levels including managerial, project and technical
- Ideally you will have intermediate/advanced level Excel/PowerPoint skills
- You will be analytical with a keen eye for detail
- You will be an excellent team player whilst maintaining an independent perspective
- You will have well developed communication skills both written and verbal.
- A knowledge of Cloud Foundry would be an advantage
- Team player as well as initiative to work autonomously
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 352,000 great minds building the future, one day at a time. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 83210
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time