The EHSMiP supports the business throughout the PM life cycle to assure compliance with applicable internal and external EHS-related rules & regulations to prevent EHS-related hazards and risks. This includes supporting the PM or Site Manager in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting and continuous improvement. The EHSMiP establishes the EHS plan, manages its implementation and has the authority and responsibility to intervene/escalate in case of non-conformance.
- Identifies EHS-related statutory requirements, rules & regulations and EHS aspects.
- Performs risk assessments and defines mitigation measures.
- Provides input for tender/bid phase with regard to costs (EHS budget) and EHS risks.
- Supports PM to define EHS-related requirements and responsibilities to be integrated in the customer contract.
- Develops emergency management concept.
- Develops EHS plan.
- Provides EHS-related requirements to the project procurement manager which are to be considered in the contractor selection.
- Supports PM to ensure that required EHS-related permits, authorizations, certificates are available and authorities have been notified as necessary.
- Implements a training concept that fulfills all EHS-related training requirements.
- Ensures that requirements of the EHS plan are known by all relevant stakeholders.
- Reviews safe work method statements/risk assessments of contractors.
- Liaises in alignment with PM with customer/contractor EHS representatives in regard to project execution and onsite EHS issues.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Conducts regular site inspections to identify risks, and defines corrective measures.
- Provides regular EHS reports to the project and/or site manager and BU/Lead Country to ensure full operational transparency.
- Ensures all incidents are investigated and recorded and appropriate measures are defined, implemented and monitored.
- Plans and conducts assessments of (sub-) contractor EHS performance.
- Escalates in case of non-compliance with legal, business or customer´s EHS requirements.
- Analyzes statistics including near misses to identify trends and implements countermeasures.
- Promotes the sharing of best practices and documents lessons learned.
- Updates and amends EHS plan if necessary.
- Evaluates contractors in terms of their EHS performance and provides feedback to project procurement manager.