The efficient, safe & environmentally friendly transportation of people & goods by rail & road – the Mobility Division bundles all of Siemens’ transportation-related products, solutions & services.
Advanced networked & IT-based mobility solutions & comprehensive know-how are increasing infrastructure availability, optimizing route use and raising travel quality to new levels – by rail, road, or across multiple modes of transportation.
About the role
Portfolio Sales Professional
To support establishing a common sales approach across all the business segments in Mobility. Drive cross segment selling and maximise coverage of market segments so that Siemens can increase its market share. The incumbent will define operational sales actions and drive the rail electrification sales to achieve these in a systematic manner. The portfolio of RE covers the rail and mining applications of products, systems and solutions utilised in traction sub stations and overhead lines.
The position reports to the MO Sales head.
- Work under the Front End Sales team and executes sales targets and activities in selling assigned Rail Electrification products, in order to increase sales and to achieve defined commercial targets.
- Together with Sales Manager, plans sales volumes and potential of target customers.
- Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning.
- Analyzes and evaluates markets and needs of potential or existing customers.
- Prepares customer contacts, builds and maintains a customer focused network in order to develop both customer and industry / vertical market expertise systematically.
- Investigates and evaluates specific business opportunities for products / solutions by analyzing mid-term investments of customers in this industry / vertical market.
- Supports customers directly in cost/benefits analyses and calculations in order to demonstrate specific advantages of using Siemens products.
- Prepares and negotiates projects and proposals in cooperation with other involved professionals and management.
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs for the customer.
- May act as a point of contact in commercial matters.
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
Contributes to the development of an After Sales Service that is focused on customers' needs
What do I need to qualify?
- Knowledge of the DC and AC railway traction market.
- Strong knowledge of traction substations, overhead traction equipment, substation automation and network control/SCADA.
- Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in strategic selling and business development.
- Ability to understand and manage customers' requirements.
- Product knowledge in MV switchgears, transformers, protection relays, substation automation will be an added advantage.
- Experience in sales stimulation and through knowledge of CRM.
- Effective team player.
- Excellent intercultural working relationship.
- Effective multi-ethical communication ability.
- Previous experience with sales for railway market will be a plus.
- Willingness to travel (specially within SADC).
Job ID: 83334
Company: Siemens Mobility (Pty) Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time