Fluid System Process Engineer
This position is responsible for development and maintenance of air and fluid systems. This role will be a member of the Customer order engineering team for hardware and System engineering for example Drain Systems, Lube oil System, Control Oil system, Gland Steam Condenser system, By-pass system for Steam Turbines or Seal Oil system for the Generators.
The position will be in the global challenging technical environment in the PG PR R&D AUX Fluid Systems department. The Fluid Systems department works across multiple locations in Orlando (US), Charlotte (US), Muelheim (GER) and Newcastle (NCL). This position is located in Gurgaon (IND) and is responsible to execute the fluid systems projects related the Siemens Gas Turbine (GT) packages and Steam Turbine (ST). Majority of the tasks will be in Customer order engineering and project execution but also supporting some R&D tasks, tendering, Supplier and site support.
- Development and maintenance of modules or components specifications for Steam and Gas Turbine Systems.
- Creation & Development of P&IDs for the system, associated calculations, sizing and system descriptions by complying the processes.
- Detailed Design of Auxiliaries, Hardware and Spare parts for Steam and Gas turbine.
- Creation of 2D drawing in CAD tools and creation of 3D models of ST and GT components
- Adapt system designs to fulfill requirements
- Release and maintain documentation in related databases
- Drive design to cost measures
- Qualify new components and suppliers for the assigned system
- Provide field/site and Supplier support
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor/Masters in Mechanical or Process Engineering or other comparable degree
- 3 to 7 years of engineering work experience
- 2 years in process engineering or energy management
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- Basic of electrical and instrumentation engineering
- Expertise related to piping planning and power plant layout
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it
- Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Expertise in comparable technical areas of work
- Expertise in COMOS, Team Centre & SAP
- Expertise in CCPP and Steam power plant processes
- Expertise in project engineering and execution
- Expertise in power generation business
- Solid expertise in hydraulic and compressed air systems
- Solid expertise fluid dynamics and Thermodynamic
- Solid experience with working in a global team
Key Words : Process Engineering, Fluid Systems, Hydraulic & Compressed air systems, , P&ID creation, Comos, Steam and Gas turbine Auxiliary, Team-center ,Open Plant, Steam turbine piping and Layout
Job ID: 83347
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time