Senior Commercial Manager
Siemens Rolling Stock are looking for a new Senior Commercial Project Manager with Commercial Project Management responsibility for projects in Southampton. This position will be a 9-12 month contract to support projects and will be based in Southampton.
What are my responsibilities?
- A strong drive to lead with the Project Director
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of commercial and non-commercial topics
- Drive performance, optimize processes
- Broad interest in the train industry
Profit and growth driven commercial and financial manager with the responsibility to:
- Manage and execute the modification projects
- Ensure compliance with IFRS reporting guidelines
- Ensure regular and accurate financial planning controlling and reporting and a concurrent costing to optimise the project cash flow
- Full adherence to Siemens project reporting requirements and processes
- Identify contractual risks and opportunities and recommend business oriented mitigations/ actions and/or alternative solutions in collaboration with the Project team
- Ensure professional internal and external stakeholder management
- Manage customer expectations and execute the projects to the satisfaction of the customer, creating additional business opportunities out of the ongoing project
- Ensure variation orders are fully costed and proceed through the appropriate approval processes with full involvement of relevant stakeholders
- Identify, report and minimise non-conformance cost. Develop and adhere to a claim management process for the project. Ensure proper enforcement of legitimate claims and fend off of unjustified claims
- Ensure that the divisional risk management level of authority methodology and agreed processes are effectively deployed and adhered to and that any significant issues within the business are brought to attention in a professional and timely manner
- Work closely with procurement department to ensure key equipment purchased direct by Siemens is procured in accordance with requirements, budget and timescales under appropriate terms
- Select, negotiate supply contracts and manage relationships with professional services suppliers together with the procurement department and as required to ensure they deliver a professional and value for money service
- Ensure a joined up approach is taken commercially with all relevant contracting parties in the overall program
- Knowledge of relevant terms and conditions and ability and willingness to understand complex technical issues
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Knowledge of the requirements of IFRS and of economics in project business
- Thorough financing and investment skill set inclusive of a thorough comprehension of financial models
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good numerical skills and the ability to interpret and apply accounting and other relevant guidelines
- Result and quality orientation with an eye for detail to ensure an excellent accuracy of work
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail - ability to express complex commercial issues simply and coherently is essential
- Experience in a Commercial Project Management role is essential
- Familiarity with working within a matrix structure and with central and specialist departments
- Fully qualified with relevant accounting body (i.e. ACCA, CIMA, etc)
What else do I need to know?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 14th October.
Job ID: 83545
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time