Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to work in the production team in our Leeds facility. Reporting to the Assembly Team Leader, the mechanical fitter will ensure that all products and solutions are assembled efficiently, safely, at the right cost and to the right level of quality in order to meet customer order requirements & industry standards alike.
Tasks are varied and therefore an in-depth knowledge of the organization and key personnel (both external and internal) as well as the organisation's aims and objectives are essential.
- Overhauling, root cause analysis & repair of (traction) gearboxes & motors in line with order instructions requirements, to meet customer expectations & industry standards alike.
- Efficient disassembly/reassembly in line with productivity improvements and capacity planning (achieve the required efficiency and utilization standards for production – i.e. performance/assembly to build times)
- Take responsibility for Health, Safety & Environment and ensure control measures are in place.
- Actively support zero harm culture; specifically the recording of near misses, reporting of accidents/incidents and assist the Zone Owner with completion of any risk assessments in the production work area.
- Participate in any continuous improvements activities, including workshops and discussion groups relating to quality, cost and delivery performance.
- Assist and support the implementation and promotion of continuous improvement within the production area.
- Awareness and contribution to Company targets in relation to quality, cost and delivery.
- Support, lead, train and mentor others (including apprentices).
- Lead by example and encouragement, ensuring that best assembly practices are introduced, maintained and improved.
- Contribution and participation in production meetings as and when requested.
- Participation and involvement with Company Quality Procedure and Standards, ensuring timely identification, communication and recording of all quality issues.
- Ensure that all quality procedures are followed and adhered to at all times.
- Assist, support and promote 5’s activities within the production area.
- Mechanical investigation of rotating equipment (gearboxes & motors)
- Implementation & execution of quality checks to Industry Standards
- Mechanical and electrical overhauls of traction gearboxes & motors (disassembly and assembly)
- Mechanical and electrical inspection of gearbox & motor parts
- Failure and root cause analysis including vibration analysis (unique or serial defect, manufacturing or material issues)
- Responsibility for the tooling & equipment (set up of equipment and calibration of instruments)
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications and previous experience of working on motors & gearboxes.
- Significant experience in a mechanical engineering environment
- Understanding of specifications, engineering drawings and principles
- Familiar with office software and IT
- Prepared to travel and work outside normal hours to meet business needs and initial training period
Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 83552
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time