Sales Engineer, LV Panel Business (Protection, Monitoring and Energy Automation)
Sales engineers use their technical skills to explain the benefits of their products or services to potential customers and to show how their products or services are better than their competitors' products. Many of the duties of sales engineers are similar to those of other salespersons.
They can create demand with the client in buying our products or services, negotiate a price, and complete the sale. To do this, sales engineers give technical presentations during which they explain the technical aspects of the product and how it will solve a specific customer problem. In addition to giving technical presentations, sales engineers are increasingly doing other tasks related to sales, such as market research. They also may ask for technical requirements from customers and modify and adjust products to meet customers’ specific needs.
What are my responsibilities?
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Secure and renew orders
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Help in researching and developing new opportunities
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Proven track record with industrial customers for protection systems, plant automation system, renovation of existing protection relay or automation system, energy audit, energy efficiency
- Exposure to Industrial customers, primarily in process industry for Engineering subject matter expertise in power quality, protection systems, substation control systems, DCS, ENMCS, ELICS and RTU
- Knowledge of systems such as Micro-Scada is a benefit
- Academic and/or work (preferred) experience in protection relays or control systems is a benefit.
- Good command of English, ability to travel (domestic/overseas), accountable, reliable and sales driven.
Job ID: 83889
Organization: Energy Management
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time