Do you have experience working with mechanical power transmission equipment in both industry and wind sectors? We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical engineer to join our experienced and talented Mechanical Engineering team here at Flender Limited, based in Leeds.
As our Mechanical Engineering fitter you would ensure that products and solutions are disassembled or assembled efficiently, safely, at the right cost and to the right level of quality to meet customer order requirements. The day to day tasks and responsibilities of this role are varied and therefore an in-depth knowledge of the organization and key personnel (both external and internal) as well as the organisation's aims and objectives are essential. A key requirement of this role is the ability to perform at least 7 production (product related) tasks without supervision, taking an active lead role in training and mentoring others. Specific product training would be given.
It is important to mention that the new addition to our team must be willing to ask questions and learn, share knowledge and become an interactive member of the team.
- Assemble and manufacture products in line with works order instructions requirements, to meet customer expectations.
- Efficient assembly in line with productivity improvements and capacity planning (achieve the required efficiency and utilization standards for production – i.e. performance/assembly to build times).
- Take responsibility for H,S & E and ensure control measures are in place. Actively support zero harm culture; specifically the recording of near misses, reporting of accidents/incidents and assist the Zone Owner with completion of any risk assessments in the production work area.
- Take ownership and responsibility for one or more H,S & E related tasks within a zone/s; if appropriate take responsibility of H,S & E designated Zone.
- Participate in any continuous improvements activities, including workshops and discussion groups relating to quality, cost and delivery performance. Assist and support the implementation and promotion of continuous improvement within the production area.
- Awareness and contribution to Company targets in relation to quality, cost and delivery.
Flender Limited are one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Industrial Gear units, Couplings and associated mechanical power transmission equipment. They offer products and service both here in the UK and Overseas. Examples of the sectors serviced below:
Cement and Mining, Cranes, Marine and Shipbuilding, Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, Rubber and Plastic, Pulp and Paper, Water and Wastewater, Food and Beverage,
Railway Vehicles, Passenger Transport, Wind Power, Turbo.
Job ID: 83892
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time