Engineering Services (ES) are a support team providing system support for a wide range of Intelligent Traffic Solutions.
Siemens are now looking to expand the support team with an experienced Senior Application Support Engineer, to provide 2nd and 3rd line Application support. The successful individual will be energetic, personable and enthusiastic and be able to combine excellent customer service and communication skills with a broad knowledge of Networks and IT.
You should be confident of working with other Support Engineers and be willing to work out of normal hours to respond to system issues and to prevent customer downtime.
This role is responsible for the support of Intelligent Traffic Management systems on a 24/7 basis as part of operational service contracts delivered via our Service Operations Centre (SOC). You will also be responsible for Investigating and resolving incidents in line with our customer’s contract requirements within service level agreements.
What are my responsibilities?
- The primary responsibility of this role is to support Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems Application, this is a real time enterprise level application
- Investigation, ownership and resolution of incidents in accordance with ITIL processes
- To assist the Team Leader with internal/external communications on incident progress, with clear understanding of risk and impact to customer and other stake holders
- To ensure SLA and KPI compliance to minimise company exposure
- Build and maintain internal knowledge base to facilitate knowledge transfer across support department
- Ensure team compliance with relevant ITIL process and company policy documents
- To work in tandem with engineering, architecture and infrastructure teams and ensure that information is dissipated across all teams
- To develop and maintain appropriate monitoring tools and alerting mechanisms to facilitate round the clock support of customer systems
- To generally promote and foster a culture of delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
- To attend customer review meetings as required
- Work as part of the Global community and provide positive suggestions that will enhance customer experience
- Progress System Application Upgrades
- To Assist in Project activities being flexible for out of hours activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Current working experience with sever support for bespoke applications (essential)
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems (essential)
- Strong knowledge of Networks (essential)
- Knowledge of Cloud based services (essential)
- Ability to work unaided and on own initiative as well as being a member of a team (essential)
- Able to demonstrate analytical problem-solving skills (essential)
- Time management and ability to prioritise workload (essential)
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers (essential)
- Highly capable in the use of MS Office and similar tools (essential)
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues & customers (essential)
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework to investigate and resolve incidents
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Database qualifications - specifically administration
- Understanding of development applications
- Knowledge of Intelligent Traffic Control Systems
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 83920
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time