Plant and Facilities Technician
Siemens Rolling Stock are currently recruiting for a Plant and Facilities Technician for our Three Bridges Depot. In this role you will be undertaking regular planned and reactive maintenance of the depot facilities including the onsite equipment, buildings and landscapes. You will be monitoring and scheduling preventative maintenance tasks and ensure that are safety policies are adhered to. They will also ensure Statutory Compliance across the Three Bridges Depot is achieved and maintained.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Assist the Plant and Facilities Engineer undertaking maintenance and inspection as required.
- Carry out repair of depot plant equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Complete documentation to record work carried out.
- Conduct weekly walk round of the site to identify any facility asset deterioration and report / repair as applicable.
- Ensure exterior of the Siemens site is well maintained including gardening, pond maintenance, litter picking, painting etc.
Health, Safety & Environment
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens:
− Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies
− Take responsibility for raising issues of concern
− Fully participate and engage in our behavioral safety agenda to ensure we work safely
− Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact
− Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions
What Qualifications and Experience are Required?
- Relevant City & Guilds or BTEC National qualification or equivalent in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline.
- Practical plant and facilities experience in a mechanical and/or electrical environment
- Broad range of fault finding experience including; lighting, UPS, HVAC, hot and cold water, pneumatic systems and elevators.
- Health & Safety knowledge – understanding of the relevant legislation
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings and wiring diagrams is necessary
- IOSH working safely
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 83952
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time