AWS DevOps Engineer
The AWS DevOps Engineer is responsible for interacting closely with the Engineering Operations team to design, construct, maintain and enhance the software delivery pipeline for the applications built by the eMeter/Siemens R&D teams. This is a hybrid role, relying on experience with building and releasing on-premise Enterprise applications as well as automating the infrastructure configuration and code deployment of Cloud-based, SaaS solutions, specifically on Amazon AWS.
The Siemens EnergyIP Enterprise platform is a massively complex on-premise application that is actively being transitioned onto the AWS cloud. The DevOps Engineer will design, develop, and implement AWS Cloud solutions for new applications being built on AWS and existing on-premise applications being converted to AWS.
The AWS DevOps Engineer must have an affinity towards build and release management and should be motivated to produce the highest quality and efficiency in the automated systems they implement, while following industry best practices. Develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate processes for software product release, both on-premise and on AWS. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and custom engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
This role will be part of the Engineering Operations team, which itself is part of the greater Energy Management Business Unit, Digital Grid Division, Software Product House R&D department. This role reports directly to the Director of Engineering Operations.
* Provide input and guidance to the eMeter and Mindsphere development teams to AWS Architecture and Design best practices.
o The AWS DevOps Engineer will serve as subject matter and technical resource for the software development team to assist with AWS architecture and infrastructure solutions.
* The AWS DevOps Engineer will compose and leverage HashiCorp Terraform Plans to ensure repeatable, sustainable AWS infrastructure is effectively created and managed.
* Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results.
* Maintain AWS Cloud Infrastructure in an optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives
* Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
* Administration of build farm, deployment environments, and other CI systems
*Troubleshooting problems with builds, automated deployment systems and tools
* Publishing Software Releases and Hotfixes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* 2-5 years of experience in Software Development managing build and release processes for large, JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications and cloud-based SaaS offerings.
* Minimum 2 years of experience with a cloud services platform
o Experience with Amazon AWS products and solutions strongly preferred
* Cloud Formation / TerraForm experience a must.
* Demonstrable knowledge of scripting languages like Python. Ruby, Chef, Puppet, or Unix Shell.
* Experience with common java build tools. Apache Ant and Ivy or Gradle is preferred.
* Experience with SCM tool (Subversion, Git, ClearCase, Perforce).
o Git and Perforce preferred
* Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle; exposure to Agile development a plus
* Experience in developing custom automation tools to integrate with or enhance CI/CD infrastructure.
* Experience with a binary repository manager. Artifactory preferred
* Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills required
* Hands-on experience and demonstrable proficiency with the Unix operating system required.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed team
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Experience maintaining a Continuous Integration management system (Cruise Control, Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Team City)
* Experience integrating Java Code Coverage tools (Clover, Cobertura, JaCoco). Clover preferred.
* Experience integrating Code Analysis tools (SonarQube, PMD, Coverity). SonarQube preferred.
* Familiarity with unit testing frameworks. JUnit preferred.
* Familiarity with a Defect Tracking System. Jira preferred.
* Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous delivery practices.
* Experience working with Oracle or MySQL or similar RDBMS
Job ID: 84184
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time