Software Development Engineer C/C++ - PROFINET
Siemens Corporate Technology (CT) is the central R&D department within the Siemens group. Siemens CT's main mission is to secure the future technology base for Siemens and to develop breakthrough products of the Siemens group. Siemens CT in Turkey is mainly focused on software development in the areas of industrial automation and digitalization products and solutions. We are looking for software engineers who are willing to shape the future with us.
What are my responsibilities?
- Software design and development activities for industrial automation projects in the PROFINET domain
- Contribution to the development of PROFINET stack, which is a core component of many Siemens products in industrial automation
- Software design, implementation, unit tests, module tests, debugging, documentation, and release tasks in a multi-site, international software development environment
- Producing high quality project deliverables
- Conforming to Siemens processes, quality standards, and guidelines
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, electrical and electronics engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven 3+ years of hands-on experience in software development
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience of C/C++
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, analysis and design
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies
- Excellent command of English
- Passion for developing a simple, clean and attractive code
- Committed to following development best practices
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Development experience in Linux environment is a plus
- Development experience in RTOS or embedded systems is a plus
- Knowledge of network technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of time sensitive networking, as well as industrial communication technologies such as PROFINET and OPC UA is a plus
- Familiarity with Siemens TIA Portal and Siemens PLC products is a plus
What else do I need to know?
- Military service should be completed or deferred for at least 3 years for male candidates
- No restriction for travelling abroad
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
Please find more information at: www.siemens.com.tr
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 84252
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time