Project Development Manager (Sales for Compressor & Steam Turbine M&U)
The Project Development Manager will be responsible for managing client activity during the business development phase, identifying the client project evaluators, influencers and decision-makers who are key to the project. Acts as the project or market champion within Siemens, leading all aspects of the business and project development from the initial stages through order entry. Manages the client interface, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating contractual terms.
What are my responsibilities?
- · Primary objective to provide leadership and focus for Order Capture activities and achievement of growth initiative within region; proactively develops sales opportunities and regional marketing and sales plans
- · Establishes work plan including staffing for each phase of the project, arranges for recruitment and/or assignment of key personnel from Project Development and Product Engineering and Product Services departments.
- · Monitors market activity and trends, including with respect to competition, provides feedback to the Client Services team per guidelines
- · Engages Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, Controls Systems, Product Services, business unit managers, and company management as necessary.
- · Manages and directs preparation of the technical and commercial proposal, including the preparation of price recommendations based on market information, preparation of the value proposition and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per standard process guidelines.
- · Prepares business activity and forecast reports and delivers technical and commercial presentations for management
- · Behaves in professional manner, using good judgment with regard to expenses, and meets the sales, bookings, and earnings objectives while representing the client to Siemens and ensuring they are treated fairly.
- · Establishes and maintains preferred provider relationship with the key decision-makers and influencers within client organizations
- · Routinely presents to clients in both small and large forums, an overview of Siemens, the Company’s approach to market and its capabilities
- · Conducts business affairs with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- · Adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct and other Company policies
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- · Bachelor or above degree in an engineering related major
- · 10+ years of sales / business development and/or experience with one or more of the following product lines: Compressors, Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines, Expanders, Control systems for Turbo machinery
- · Ability to drive for results, proven track record of goal attainment
- · Confident and professional communication style, both written and oral, in English and Chinese
- · Presentation skills appropriate for executive leadership and high level client contacts
- · Interpersonal skills enabling productive relationships with peers, superiors and others where formal reporting relationships do not exist; demonstrated ability to gain confidence and trust of team members, conveys support and concern for others
- · Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
Job ID: 84328
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time