IT Business Partner
Dresser-Rand, A Siemens Business is one of the largest global suppliers of custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions for long-life, critical applications in the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power, military, and other industries worldwide.
Kongsberg Norway is home to Dresser-Rand worldwide center of excellence for gas turbines and mechanical driven gas turbine packages. With a gas turbine power range from 1 to 55 MW Dresser-Rand AS supports the oil and gas industry on offshore and land based installations around the world.
The role of the IT BP position is to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems in conjunction with regional and global IT management, including servers, PCs, operating systems, communications, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including technical support services.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including IT spend, annual operating plan, and purchasing.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal, including business case and capital expenditure
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the local organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the regional and global IT leadership regarding IT activities.
- University degree in the field of computer science
- Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
- ITIL and MCSE Certifications
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including common Windows operating systems (for desktops and servers).
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Extensive application support experience with ERP systems and operational business applications.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws in the European Union (EU).
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Local Manager is Niels-Petter Hansen +47 90411579
Job ID: 84452
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time