Supplier Delivery Expeditor
We have an exciting new opportunity for Supplier Delivery Expeditor within our Supply Chain function based in Warwick.
Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Manager and working within the Distributed Generation Services Business Unit as one of our successful MRPCs you will create, maintain and communicate detailed production plans for specific part orders that are commitment accepted to enable the master production plan to be achieved. You will also provide the Supply Chain Management Team (SCMT) with the implications of the delivery schedules ability to meet customer and business requirements.
This is an interesting and exciting opportunity to become part of a team in a growth area of Siemens.
What are my responsibilities?
- To respond to demand changes by providing the Regional Purchase Manager with the implications of meeting customer requirements in line with the company Commitment Acceptance (Sales & Operations Planning) process.
- To ensure the maintenance of component planning both Master and Dynamic data, that will enable cascade of demand through the supply chain resulting in a committed plan.
- To plan and manage stock across the supply chain ensuring levels specified are maintained and used in the appropriate order and time frame.
- To ensure specified supplier delivery commitments are reflected in SAP, respond to supplier enquiries and manage adherence of schedule lines (Exception Messages) to ensure delivery to plan, including new parts introduction in line with all the relevant processes including use of the Supply Chain pro-forma
- To be process compliant through the use of company standard systems, processes and reports to resolve potential delivery hazards.
- To be the primary interface and lead operational relationships with suppliers to lead and co-ordinate all improvement activity associated with planning, control, inventory, delivery and lead time.
- To lead business reviews with their suppliers ensuring that both the suppliers and R-R requirements are being met, considering the impact to Quality, Cost and Delivery on the SCMT. To ensure these reviews are supported by other appropriate functions as required.
- To manage and coordinate delivery issues, reporting shortages and recovery programmes to meet the plan. Manage the impact and escalate issues as required.
- As part of the Business Reviews, understand Load and Capacity constraints within a supplier that may impact performance and delivery
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- You will have working experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing or a Logistics discipline and a working knowledge of production planning and controls.
- Understanding of the requirements of the quality system, inventory control and IT systems are essential.
- You must be an excellent communicator that is robust in their approach along with problem solving and proactive skills.
- Demonstrated appropriate behaviours for team working and continuous improvement.
- Takes responsibility for their own development
- Dealing with Customers
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Supply Chain Management – Capability & Capacity Assessment
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Supply Chain Scheduling
- Load & Capacity Planning
Siemens has been at the forefront of engineering innovation for over 160 years. Its Gas Turbine businesses are world renowned for the research, development, manufacture and lifetime support of industrial gas turbines to the global oil and gas and power generation industries. Our expertise is constantly evolving and our business keeps growing. As part of this, we rely on the innovation and creative thinking from our employees.
Job ID: 84480
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time