Software Business Development – Simcenter FEMAP
Purpose of the Role:
Portfolio Development is a key part of Siemens’ corporate go-to-market strategy and a new position is now available in EMEA to drive business development for our Simcenter FEMAP Solution. For manufacturing companies, an important consideration is the development of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools within the digital twin framework to optimize costs, maximize margins and profits and drive return-on-investment.
As a Portfolio Development Executive you would be expected to have an engineering background with a strong commercial awareness, plus experience of working in a FEA team with competitive solutions from companies such as MSC Software with MSC Patran, MSC APEX and MSC Nastran, Altair with Hyperworks, Ansys, etc. You would lead the EMEA go-to-market strategy with a goal to accelerate the growth in revenue from this Siemens Portfolio, working closely with Country organisations by developing regional plans and driving sales pursuits.
The successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK or EMEA, with travel up to 30%.
- Advocate and drive the development of the portfolio through the identification of a clear target market and go to market strategy, and the execution of campaign and initiative centered strategies to leverage and maximise software opportunities.
- Identify and track relevant industry trends and produce growth forecasts
- Analyse competitor offerings and coverage to establish clear competitive differentiation for the portfolio within different markets.
- Identify key opportunities in EMEA, defining the industry, geography and target accounts
- Work with Sales Orchestrators to build strategic plans for identified customers and opportunities in the target market to deliver the go to market strategy
- Act as trusted advisor to Sales, Business Development, and PreSales teams by providing direct engagement with customer, as part of the sales pursuit team for key must win accounts
- Establish clear market positions for the portfolio, understanding what problems we are solving and the business value delivered to customers in order to build a compelling sales message
- In collaboration with Siemens’ Global Learning & Development, design and deliver appropriate targeted enablement activities to direct and indirect sales teams
- Ensure that the Global roadmap of campaigns/initiatives/services are widely understood and supported as they relate to this portfolio domain.
- Act as Sales Interest Group lead to support the transfer of knowledge
- Help Alliance and Channel Management to target and enable partners to support incremental portfolio growth opportunities as appropriate
- Mentor the direct / indirect field sales and presales teams on demand generation and pursuits.
- Establish and track measurable goals for monitoring portfolio growth
- Provide feedback to campaign and initiative owners as appropriate on content / lessons learnt.
- Support Customer and Analyst marketing events across EMEA
- Provide feedback to the FEMAP development team for ongoing sales pursuits and competitive industry trends that represent the zone
Qualifications & Accreditations:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Engineering, Manufacturing or similar discipline
- Trained in value selling methodologies such as Challenger, Revenue Storm
- Experience in a customer-facing sales, or commercial business development function
- Able to understand, articulate, position and present the value of FEA solutions in the context of an Industry and client business
- Experience with ‘C’ level discussions, and specifically with the CIO and/or Engineering Leaders
- Knowledgeable of the competitive landscape
- Experience working in Industry on FEA solutions from competitive solutions such as MSC Patran, Hypermesh.
- Experience of developing and supporting indirect sales channel
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- A good communicator with commercial knowledge, business development experience and excellent presentation skills
- Proactive and energetic with a high degree of self-motivation to grow this Portfolio area
- Able to travel to EMEA countries and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Able to work in a EMEA role in collaboration with country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working
- Able to speak more than one major European language
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 84511
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time