Software Business Development – Solid Edge Electrical
Purpose of the Role:
Portfolio Development is a key part of our corporate go-to-market strategy and a new position is now available for an EMEA Solid Edge Electrical (SEE) Business Development Executive. For manufacturing companies, an important consideration is the development of electrical design and workflow tools within the digital twin framework to optimize costs to maximize margins, profits and return-on-investment.
As a Portfolio Development Executive you would be expected to have an engineering background with a commercial awareness, experience of working in an electrical environment with solutions from companies such as Mentor, Altium, EPlan, etc. You would lead the EMEA go-to-market strategy with a goal to maximise revenues from this Siemens Portfolio, working closely with Country organisations on developing regional plans and driving sales pursuits.
The successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK or EMEA, with travel up to 30%.
- Advocate and drive the development of the portfolio through the identification of a clear target market and go to market strategy, and the execution of campaign and initiative centered strategies to leverage and maximise software opportunities.
- Identify and track relevant industry trends and produce growth forecasts
- Analyse competitor offerings and coverage to establish clear competitive differentiation for the portfolio within different markets.
- Identify key opportunities for the Zone, defining the industry, geography and target accounts
- Work with Account Managers to build strategic plans for identified customers and opportunities in the target market to deliver the go to market strategy
- Act as trusted advisor to Sales, Business Development, and PreSales teams by providing direct engagement with customer, as part of the sales pursuit team, for key must win accounts
- Establish clear market positions for the portfolio, understanding what problems we are solving and the business value delivered to customers in order to build a compelling sales message
- In collaboration with Global L&D, design and deliver appropriate targeted enablement activities to direct and indirect teams
- Ensure that the Global roadmap of campaigns/initiatives/services are widely understood and supported as they relate to this portfolio domain.
- Act as Sales Zone Interest Group lead to support the transfer of knowledge
- Help Alliance and Channel Management to target and enable partners to support incremental portfolio growth opportunities as appropriate
- Mentor the direct / indirect field sales and presales teams on demand generation and pursuits.
- Establish and track measurable goals for monitoring portfolio growth
- Provide feedback to campaign and initiative owners as appropriate on content / lessons learnt.
- Support Customer and Analyst marketing events across the Zone
Qualifications & Accreditations:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in Engineering, Manufacturing or similar discipline
- Trained in value selling methodologies such as Challenger, Revenue Storm
- Experience in a customer-facing sales, or business development function
- Proven track record in a software sales role
- Able to understand, articulate, position and present the value of Analysis solutions in the context of an Industry, and client business
- Experience with ‘C’ level discussions, and specifically with the CIO and/or Engineering Leaders
- Knowledgeable of the competitive landscape desirable
- Experience working in Industry on Electrical software solutions from solutions such as Mentor, Altium, Eplan, etc.
- Experience of developing and supporting indirect sales channel
- In depth knowledge of one or more schematic tools for electrical wiring systems design or PCB design.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- An good communicator with sales knowledge, business development experience and excellent presentation skills
- Proactive and energetic with a high degree of self-motivation to develop and grow this Portfolio area
- Able to travel to EMEA countries and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Able to work in a EMEA role in collaboration with country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working
- Able to speak more than one major European language
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens PLM Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software works collaboratively with companies to deliver open solutions to help them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 84512
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time