Siemens Power & Gas, India is seeking a responsible, professional and self-motivated individual to fill a position in Gas Turbine - Research & development as part of the Performance and Thermodynamics (PT) department. The PT department is responsible for the performance of Industrial and Aero-derivative gas-turbines used in power-generation and oil & gas applications.
The department provides leadership in gas-turbine performance from the conceptual-design stage through prototype-development, manufacturing, testing, fleet-analysis and service-upgrades for the entire gas-turbines portfolio. This team has ownership of the performance models for customer negotiations and is also responsible for customer and factory gas-turbine performance testing and validation to contractual requirements. The team continuously develops, maintains and improves our internal gas-turbine performance related tools and methods to increase the competitiveness of the Siemens portfolio and improve productivity.
Qualification & specific Requirements/experience:
• Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer graduate/Post graduate from recognized college/university
• 3-10 years of gas turbine experience in research, design, development and technical support with concentration in performance testing, thermodynamic analysis, assembly, test-operations and code/tool development
• Strong knowledge of gas turbine engine thermodynamics and aerodynamics
? - Experience in gas turbine performance prediction
? - Experience in thermal performance analysis (overall and component)
? - Experience in research and development of gas turbine engines
? - Experience in gas turbine engine testing
? - Experience in gas turbine engine diagnostics
? - Candidate must be capable of interpreting data and results
? - Candidate must be detail‐oriented, analytical and organized
? - Candidate must be assertive, self‐motivated, and results oriented
? - Candidate must be capable of working on complex issues and offer solutions
? - Strong communication and presentation skills
• Development of software tools for performance engineering applications
? - Experience in development of applications for thermodynamics calculations
? - Design and development of both the backend and the frontend.
? - Knowledge of computer programming (FORTRAN, C++)
Additional Preferred Experience/Skill:
• Quality mindset. Must be proactive and highly motivated.
• Self-Reliant and Fast leaner. Intercultural experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including good presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a task/project to satisfy technical, budget, and schedule requirements.
• Candidate must have the ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
• Promotes a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected and valued.
• Puts our customers first and has their success in mind; drives results to create a long-term vision for Siemens.
• Acts as an owner of our company, with a passion to win and deliver exceptional results through continuous improvement.
• Collaborates across organizations and acts in Siemens’ best interest to deliver better solutions.
• Communicates openly and honestly without compromise; shares successes and failures.
• Proficient in English language
General Requirements: Job Family Responsibilities:
Completes complex material specification, schematic preparation and follow‐up to ensure proper and effective implementation. Performs complex design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Performs explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of complex Specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Performs communication of complex technical and commercial issues. Completes recommendations for complex new designs, new processes, or design changes to meet requirements.
This position includes numerous opportunities for career growth within our global engineering community.
This position provides collaboration and communication with design engineers in R&D, engineers throughout the Siemens engineering community, senior management, external technical partners, and universities throughout our many locations in the North America, Europe and India.