PreSales Solutions Consultant - Polarion
An experienced PreSales consultant is required to join the EMEA CoE technical team to provide support to prospects and customers. Demand for ALM, and specifically Polarion, expertise is growing as more customers look to evaluate Polarion products, and expand their solutions into the ALM/PLM domain.
This position is specifically concerned with the Polarion portfolio, covering Polarion Application Lifecycle Management, Requirements Management and the Quality Assurance solution.The role, reporting into the EMEA Centre of Excellence (CoE), is an opportunity for a consultant to assume the role of EMEA Polarion consultant, and subject matter expert within the domain of ALM.
The role will require the delivery of expertise in the application of the Polarion portfolio for the ALM domain, in the form of PreSales support to customers anywhere in EMEA. Specifically:
- Maintain a good level of understanding of ALM market in target industries, and of how Polarion can address associated business challenges
- Transfer ALM and Polarion knowledge to core PL teams in the zone and countries, via team meeting, webinars, distributing collateral etc.
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests for support from Portfolio Development and Sales, maintaining a schedule of commitments. Support requests could include, demo, benchmarks, responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) etc.
- Be skilled in presenting and demonstrating Polarion in a sales pursuit, in the context of a particular customer’s business needs, with an emphasis on business value
- Work with customers in a consultative mode to assist in their deployments and further implementation of the solutions, including delivery of training
- Understand the relationship and positioning of Polarion with other Siemens products such as Teamcenter and LMS.
- Competitive Analysis and feedback on market trends and development to the Portfolio Development and Sales Management
- Have a clear and up-to-date understanding of Polarion capabilities and limitations, and be able to clearly communicate to Product Development any gaps that have an impact on customer success and work effectively to achieve capability improvements
§ Educated to degree level in engineering or related technical discipline
§ Knowledge of various ALM methodologies, such as Agile, using in software development environments
§ Knowledge of ALM tools, ideally Polarion, and a good understanding of software management is essential.
§ Some knowledge of PLM would be desirable.
§ Experience with the implementation and configuration of database solutions
§ English language spoken and written to a high level of proficiency
§ Several years experience in PreSales or Service/consulting roles preferable in the software industry
§ Programming skills (C++, Java or others) and technical understanding
§ Knowledge in the sales of software engineering products preferably in the ranges of Requirements Management, Test Management, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Change and Configuration Management
- Industry knowledge in Systems Engineering, Embedded Development, Automotive, Aerospace, Automation, Electronic Engineering or medical technology are beneficial
- You feel comfortable in all levels in a company you talk to project and department leaders as well as to the executives and C-Level.
§ Some experience of programming/scripting languages
§ Experience in a customer support role, ideally in software products
§ Self-supporting, able to work without supervision, able to travel away for short periods
§ Proven ability to solve problems in difficult situations
Competences and Personal Attributes:
§ Able to travel, up to 50% of your time throughout EMEA (mostly Benelux) & communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
§ Excellent communication and presentation skills
§ High level of initiative, teamwork, flexibility, willing to learn
§ Able to deliver compelling, well-structured, value-based demonstrations
§ Good consultative inter-personal style of communication
§ Ability to quickly understand and assess customer needs
§ Ability to speak more than one European language desirable
§ Good team collaborator with a positive outlook
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Job ID: 84854
Organisation: Digital Factory
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time