Siemens Building Technologies in Frimley are currently searching for a Design Engineer to join their busy and growing team.
As the Design Engineer you will be responsible for creating security designs. Ensuring that a comprehensive set of design deliverables and schedules are reviewed and submitted.
You will also be required to ensure a full understanding of the requirement specifications to ensure that designs are fully compliant. You will have a strong working knowledge of the client procedure documents referred to in the contract and relative to the design process, ensuring that these requirements are incorporated fully into all designs.
Following the contract administration process with guidance from the Project Manager to ensure that technical queries are implemented on a timely basis and that all responses are dealt with accordingly.
Change the future with us.
The Security Design Engineer will be required to:
- Develop designs to meet the requirement of the project specification and in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure full implementation of the Clients Quality Assurance and Audit procedure throughout all sectional phases of the project.
- Oversee subcontract and supplier design submissions to ensure full compliance with the contract specification and requirements.
- Develop system architecture schematics and a detailed design specifying the equipment and materials to be utilised within the solution and to meet the client’s operational requirements.
- Produce and agree with the client a comprehensive cause and effect matrix.
- Create technical brief and requirement for each discipline for procurement and contractual agreement.
- Provide technical input to enable all system and layout drawings to be produced by the project CAD Engineer.
- Lead the design approval process and take ownership of client technical agreement and sign off.
- Implement tools and procedures that ensure compliance with detailed document control processes.
- Identify, Manage and control change
- Take the Lead Technical role throughout the detailed design phase.
- Lead design process meetings both internally and externally taking responsibility to document and record output and actions.
- Implement demonstrable value engineering and continuous improvement solutions.
- Provide the lead role in responding to technical audits
- Be responsible for the design throughout the life of the project from the initial enquiry to handover / acceptance.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Proven ability relating to the design of large, multi-discipline, integrated security systems.
- Ability to interpret client’s technical documentation and develop functional specifications for the overall solution.
- Proven ability to professionally document, illustrate and present detailed security system design specifications.
- Good organisational skills, Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and customers.
- Demonstrable ability to oversee supplier design activities, verify and integrate design information from external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Technical and non-technical stake holders.
- Ability to interpret a performance based specification, to develop to a working design
- Experience of working within an operations team with proven people skills; able to communicate at all levels.
- Experience within the utilities or energy industry is preferred.
- Networks – CISCO CCNA accreditation and/or relevant experience
- CCTV – Diploma level qualification in relevant field and/or relevant experience.
- Electrical – Diploma level in Electrical related subject or equivalent and/or relevant experience.
- Up-to-date with the latest industry regulation on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems (C&G 2382)
Want to learn more, watch this video!
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 85020
Organisation: Building Technologies
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time