Environmental, Health & Safety Graduate
An exciting opportunity for a graduate to join the Siemens Mobility Rail Systems Team in Chippenham is currently available.
As a graduate, you will be involved with H&S and Environmental topics and management systems on a two-year programme, covering the following key areas:
- Continuous Improvement activities regarding EHS within the business
- Operational H&S support and projects
- EHS Legislation / standards / best practice interpretation into workplace processes
- Developing Health/Wellbeing improvement program
- Familiarisation with operational standards (18001/14001/50001)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Process and procedural analysis and improvement
- Statistical analysis of EHS data
- Development and monitoring of objectives and targets
- Culture & Behavioural Awareness
You will support the existing team in a fully operational role and you will be involved in both project-based assignments and cross-functional working. During this time, you will build a compliment of skills that will enable you to apply for a professional role at the end of the scheme.
What are my responsibilities?
- Fully participating and engaging with the business graduate scheme and completing all components of the structured development plan, including a rotational placement programme, the Siemens Graduate Development Programme (GDP), and local work-based skill courses
- Reporting to your Sponsor Manager and Placement Manager(s) and taking ownership for the completion of all allocated tasks to the best of your ability
- Maintaining a Personal Professional Development Log (PPDL)
- Gaining an understanding of the business unit, including its goals, vision, services, departments, customers, and supply chain
- Actively seek opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in preparation for a substantive role within the business
- Engaging with the business’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You must be graduating in, or have graduated with a 2:2 degree in a Health & Safety related discipline
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must have excellent organisational and time management skills
- You must have excellent analytical skills
- You must have excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- You must be confident with the ability and self-determination to drive your own development through the scheme
- Work experience in an engineering environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Previous management experience will be welcomed
· This role will require travel to other sites within the UK so you will need to be flexible in regards to travel.
Siemens is committed to investing in its entry level talent, and – in conjunction with National Skills Academy for Rail (NSAR) – has opened the National Training Academy for Rail (NTAR) in Northampton. NTAR represents an excellent opportunity for all new apprentices, interns, and graduates joining the business to receive best-in-class industry learning and to become part of a community of developing future engineers and rail professionals.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 85220
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time