Master Thesis – Study of different concepts of damping devices for low frequency combustion dynamics at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB
Join us on our journey into the future #FutureMakers#Siemens
Be part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is high on the agenda. By making sustainable energy solutions more cost effective, developing new technologies for the future's smart industry and electrifying passenger and freight transport, we make reality of our vision of a sustainable world.
In order to increase the performance of the combustor systems, we have to understand the combustion behavior by studying the combustor flow and the effect of different fuels.
- The burners are a central part of a gas turbine and they are utterly important to minimize the combustion dynamics and emission levels, as well as maximizing the fuel flexibility for both gas and liquid fuels.
- In the development process we use network models, CFD, water tests, atmospheric and high pressure combustion tests, and gas turbine engine tests.
- The goal of this project is to study different concepts of incorporating damping devices for low frequency combustion dynamics in the burner and/or combustor. The work will consist of Thermo acoustic and flow analysis.
- The proposed work is to be performed within 20 weeks and includes layout designs, 1D flow calculations, 3D-CFD flow modeling. Previous experience with CFD preferably StarCCM, concept evaluation skills and flow calculations or acoustic calculations are an advantage.
We prefer that the work is started during autumn/winter 2018/2019 and is finished in the spring or summer. Main supervisor is Olle Lindman.
Who are you?
The project fits you who are:
- A student of Master degree in aerodynamics or similar
- Interested in gas turbines
- Willing to learn and try out new designs in CFD.
Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB
offer products and solutions for generating sustainable and resource efficient
electricity. Our customers include utilities, independent power producers and
companies in the oil and gas industry.
Turn challenges into opportunities
Our energy system is undergoing rapid changes and the world's energy use is steadily increasing.
These challenges require innovative solutions and products that combine both physical and digital technology, which cover the entire energy value chain. Siemens energy portfolio extends from the latest in compressors, turbines and generators to virtual power plants, smart network management and innovative storage solutions. Everything is backed by a comprehensive service offering range and genuine commitment to meeting our customers' individual needs
Do not hesitate - apply today via siemens.se refnr 85377 and no later than November 20. You will be based in Finspång, Sweden. For questions about the role please contact recruiting manager Anders Häggmark on tel. +46 (0)122 81209 or for questions about the recruitment process contact the responsible recruiter Malin Tallberg on tel. +46 (0)122 81381.
Trade Union representatives:
Christine Lindström, Unionen, 0122-817 28
Simon Bruneflod, Sveriges Ingenjörer, 0122-842 24
Jan Lundgren, Ledarna, 0122-812 33
Kenth Gustavsson, IF Metall, 0122-815 25
In this recruitment we renounce all calls relating to advertising and recruitment support.
Job ID: 85377
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either