GT Secondary Air System (SAS) Engineer
GT Secondary Air System (SAS) Engineer
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Power & Gas, India is seeking a responsible, professional and self-motivated individual to fill a position in Gas Turbine - Research & development as part of the Performance and Thermodynamics (PT) department. The PT department is responsible for the performance of Industrial and Aero-derivative gas-turbines used in power-generation and oil & gas applications.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position is for a Secondary Air Systems
(SAS) Engineer to support R&D projects for Gs turbines. The ideal
candidate will join a team of whole engine module engineers working on
existing GT product and/or the next generation of Siemens Gas turbines. This
position will report to whole engine module manager within Siemens Gas
Role & Responsibilities
· To perform calculations relative to engine secondary airflow systems (SAS) for gas turbine development programs
· Take ownership of the SAS models for various gas turbine designs, including update and design review of models or model results
· Provide rapid support of design trade studies via SAS modeling support
· Support engine performance tests relative to SAS calculations and back office commissioning support.
· Relative to SAS related topics, support integrated product development teams to manage interfaces with gas turbine components, plant integration, and auxiliary system groups.
· Incorporate best practices from Siemens gas turbines regarding engine operations and controls.
· Support Gas Turbine Package Frame Owner, Customers, Projects, Marketing, and Sales support as required on operational issues.
· Develop instrumentation and testing plans to support field validation efforts and Field Follow of hardware.
· Develop Risk assessments (FMEA) and participate in Root-Cause investigations for gas turbine systems
· Lead resolution of fleet operational issues and hardware validation when related to engine SAS.
· Familiarity with how SAS results are applied in whole engine thermo-mechanical modeling as it pertains to clearance optimization.
· Ability to work with gas turbine component design groups to drive design changes to optimize sealing performance or engine clearances.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
· Detailed knowledge in the area of gas turbine operations
· Detailed knowledge of secondary air system circuits modeling
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong data analysis skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
10 - 20% travel may be required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline
· Experience with Fluid Mechanics or sealing technologies
· Experience in fluid-structure interaction modeling and conjugate thermal analysis.
· Experience with gas turbine auxiliary systems
· Lean or six-sigma certification
· Proficiency in one or more computational modeling tools for thermo-mechanical or computation fluid dynamics analysis including Ansys, SC03, Abaqus, NASTRAN, ProE, NX.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 85390
Organisation: Power and Gas
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time