Automation Engineer - Offshore
What are my responsibilities?
- Design Clarification: Reviewing the specifications released by customer; clarifying the scope and estimating man-hours and material requirements for jobs.
- Engineering: Assuring Software and hardware engineering testing jobs are done timely and within the budget.
- FAT: Organizing the review and test of engineered system with customers, conclude successful FAT with end users.
- Documentation: Assuring all project documentation is updated according to the documentation structure.
- Offshore work: Ensure that the final engineered solution is implemented successfully at offshore sites.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- In depth experience with the following technologies:
- Siemens S7 Automation Systems, SICOS knowledge will be preferred.
- Working knowledge on Siemens PLC system: Simatic S7 400, F and FH systems. Safety Systems, S7 1200, S7 1500, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, Ethernet networks. PDT, TIA Portal (preferred)
- Knowledge of Siemens Offshore Oil & Gas standards for offshore automation systems and ATEX standards
- Knowledge and work experience with Siemens PCS7 is a must and PCS7 V9.0 exposure is preferred. Full knowledge of Client-Server architectures, Historians, and knowledge of VMWare / Virtual systems is preferred.
- Must be abreast with MS office applications. Knowledge of Autocad, Sigraph or Eplan is preferred
- Windows Server, MS SQL Server, VMWare / Virtualization,
- Hands on work experience with SCADA, ESD and F&G systems
- Electrical wiring in low voltage cabinets, ability to develop engineering drawings and wiring schematics for automation systems.
- Candidate needs to undergo offshore safety trainings e.g.: BOSIET, OLF, OPITO, HUET, H2S, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Automation Engineer in Oil & Gas sector preferably with offshore work experience
- Working with estimates for upcoming jobs, and ability to lead team members to achieve work within the estimate limits
- Work as team leader or leader of certain tasks as i.e. documentation. Must have ability to motivate and develop team members
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline (Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, etc.)
What do I need to know?
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multicultural environment as a team and as an independent contributor.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure on offshore sites providing trouble shooting support to offshore personnel.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents – including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively – can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 85396
Organisation: Process Industries and Drives
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time