Planning Manager - Rail Electrification
Role and Project Profile
Siemens Rail Electrification are recruiting for a Planning Manager for the Edinburgh Tram Network extension project. The Planning Manager will be responsible for executing the effective planning of the project in order for it to be completed safely, on schedule, profitable, to the required standard and achieving the required quality whilst attaining the customer's satisfaction. The successful candidate will be employed on a permanent basis.
Siemens is the supplier and maintainer of the tram control and communications system for the existing Edinburgh Tram network. As part of the planned extension to the route, Siemens will play a critical role in the design and implementation.
The Edinburgh Tram (York Place to Newhaven) project consists of a 4.69km route extension to the existing Edinburgh Tram network. The project involves the design and construction, systems integration, testing, commissioning and bringing into operational service of the Edinburgh Tram commencing at York Place and terminating at Newhaven.
Siemens will have responsibility for the supply and integration of the tram communication and control systems, including the configuration and extension of the existing proprietary tram systems. The scope includes but is not limited to tram signalling, automatic vehicle location systems, central control system, fixed equipment and power supply SCADA, and the installation, testing and commissioning of traction substation equipment.
What will be my Responsibilities?
Ensure that project programmes are developed, monitored and reported on through all stages of the project planning cycle
- Liaise with Project Director and project leads from a variety of Siemens business units to assess and define programme requirements for the project and ensure these are prepared and monitored to meet the highest standards.
- Work closely with operational and commercial colleagues at the pre-commencement stage of the contract to ensure that a master programme is prepared that will achieve the best possible business outcomes
- Manage all key interfaces to ensure the inputs and outputs for each key stakeholder are clearly defined and managed throughout the project.
- Responsible for ensuring progress and productivity is effectively monitored against the accepted project plan and to put in place suitable corrective measures, where necessary
- Resource loading, monitoring, resource levelling exercises to provide the Senior Management Team concise information on resource utilization
- Implementation and management of Schedule Performance Index & Earned Value Analysis, including production of KPI dashboards.
- Micro planning works scheduled for Rail weekend possessions, identifying & monitoring key milestones and critical path of project.
- Input into the development of team spirit and trustworthiness within Project team, Client and Subcontractors
- Where required lead or directly undertake the preparation of accurate and robust project programmes ensuring that targeted packages of work are secured with a profitable potential.
- Undertake (lead and/ or assist in) all relevant aspects of the company’s negotiations leading to the successful award of packages of work.
- Represent the company at meetings as required with the client, main contractor, project team, and other relevant decision-makers.
- Able to influence a highly motivated, high performing, success orientated team to meet planning requirements.
- Continuous improvement of planning management practices, procedures and instructions in line with Siemens values.
What Knowledge and Experience do I need?
- Strong leadership, team and motivational skills.
- Extensive planning management experience at a similar level within large multi-disciplinary or turnkey UK railway projects.
- Competent in the understanding and execution of NEC3 and NEC4 forms of contract
- Has a strong capability operating Primavera P6
- Good capability in MS Office applications, in particular, MS Excel
- Degree qualified in an Engineering field or similar suitable qualification
- Strong commercial aptitude & awareness
- Strong management skills & ability in terms of, written & verbal communication; presentation skills; problem identification, categorisation and solving; people skills; customer management; negotiation skills and change management.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Job ID: 85405
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time