What are the responsibilities?
The Warranty Service Manager (WM) is an entrepreneur for the time being and is the responsible Manager to achieve all agreed upon warranty service goals (customer satisfaction, project specific Target like FAC and project closure.
The Warranty Service Manager organizes and provides the professional services in project warranty phase, which is focusing on contractual warranty stipulations, trouble-shooting on customer daily operation failures, and internally managing costs and resources till contract obligation is closed.
The main tasks of the Warranty Service Manager are (subject to change based on contractual regulations):
• Representing the project to the customer during warranty phase till end of contract obligation
• Warranty cost calculation and management (with Commercial Project Manager)
• Planning of the warranty services activities
• Organizing and conducting professional warranty services activities
• Internal project controlling (schedule, costs, quality)
• Developing of remedies in case of process deviations
• Regularly warranty project reporting
• Customer management
• Contract management
• Risk / opportunity management
• Creation of a final project report
What needs to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor degree or above.
• Be able to establish communication and connections in project team, makes active contributions to diverse activities and problems.
• Be able to utilize project management tools and methods
• Being familiar with processes of PM@Siemens is preferable.
• Strong capability of communication, ownership and leadership in warranty services.
• At least 2-3 years professional experience in order execution, erection/commissioning, engineering (planning, conception/IT) or sales, plus 1-2 years complementary tasks incl. period abroad.
• At least 1 year experience as key project member or technical leader in Category B or C project.
• Has lived and worked abroad and has worked in international teams is preferable.
• Fluent in English.
What else needs to know?
The Siemens Mobility Division provides solutions to customers, whose business models are based on optimizing passenger and freight transport. The Division bundles all Siemens business related to management of international traffic, transport, and logistics. This includes railway automation (signaling), infrastructure logistics, intelligent traffic and transport systems, and technologies for developing the infrastructure for electric mobility.