Senior Full Stack Developer (m/f/d) Data Analytics Apllications
Location: MCH P
Department: MO MM ITS DL
Contract Type: Unbefristet / Full-time
Job Grade: ERA Entgeltgruppe 12
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
At our Digital Lab we develop data- / AI-driven solutions for even smarter management of road traffic (e.g. AI-traffic light control) and specific fleets such as eBike sharing systems, as well as intermodal mobility. To do this, we work closely with our customers, partners and Siemens departments, with agile methods and rapid prototyping in line with the lean startup concept.
In this environment, you can use your expertise in Data Analytics and Software Development to help shape ecologically sustainable smart traffic for the future along with underlying functions for autonomous driving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will work closely with data scientists to design and implement scalable and cutting edge applications for the optimised management of road traffic, transport fleets and intermodal transportation.
- You will utilise data from traffic management systems, traffic lights and sensors, vehicles and many other sources.
- You will decide on technological approaches and design architectures based on functional requirements to solve complex problems
- You will Implement the solutions - either as new stand-alone applications or as add-ons to existing systems.
- You will evaluate new technologies and concepts with a view to opening new areas of development.
- Applying agile methodologies, you will propose innovative new solutions to existing problems.
- You will develop applications and data-pipelines within the Azure and AWS environments, including high-performance data links and beautiful web front-ends.
- You will prepare data lakes to enable finding innovative new uses for our Mobility data
- You own a Master’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or have comparable qualifications.
- Several years of relevant experience in Software Development, in addition Data Engineering or similar roles is a plus.
- You have good working knowledge of best development practices and agile development methodologies.
- Your proven solid knowledge of common design patterns, software design and application architecture makes you a great fit.
- You have strong experience in database concepts (SQL, NoSQL, relational databases, schemas, indexing), data processing (ETL and ELT) and interest and willingness to develop large-scale data applications and pipelines using technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Presto.
- You hold experience working with web application frameworks and well known libraries (Angular, Vue.js, Node.js, Express or Query).
- You have Sound technical knowledge of transport protocols and associated concepts such as: SOAP, REST, MQTT, HTTP, XML-RPC. Ideally would also have experience working those specific to the Traffic domain for example: DATEX II and OCIT.
- You have desire, passion and ability to learn new languages, development concepts and entire new technologies, while having excellent German and English skills? Apply now!
Job ID: 85647
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time