Welding + Repair Enigneer Manager
Welding + Repair Engineer Manager
Location: Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Business Unit: PS DO
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Repair
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Drives Steam Turbine, compressors and Gas turbine welding / material build up projects in close coordination with SAG, Supplier, customer and internal stake holders.
· Executes within the defined requirements (e.g. regarding targets for project cost, time, quality, functionality and customer satisfaction).
· The welding expert engineer is responsible to drive the welding / material build up repair jobs according to areas of repair process management within Siemens Guidelines including preparing detailed material build up processes (WPS), quality tests requirements, vendor development, resources allocation and finally achieving execution excellence including higher customer satisfaction.
· Execution of welding / coating jobs with close coordination across multiple functions including SAG, engineering, business controlling, supply chain management, logistics as well as interfaces with other welding divisions/ Departments as key internal stake holders.
· Prepare detailed material buildup processes (WPS) for internal and contractors and support supply chain management during negotiations.
· Visit to customer’s / contractor’s place / site where welding repair is required and coordination with site engineers and suppliers for excellent execution of job at site with higher customer satisfaction.
· Rich knowledge on ISO quality standards and on materials management.
· Creates new business opportunities while executing projects.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· You received a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· You are a process-oriented person and have fair amount of understanding of QMS and material build up process, well versed with welding codes and standards.
· You have already gained more than 15 years of work experience in welding technology for high quality welding projects in areas related to Steam Turbines, compressors and you understand the material build up / coating process very well.
· You are familiar with commercial and legal aspects of projects.
· You have no restrictions to travel and are prepared to be at site for long time based on project needs.
· You can handle high pressure situations.
· You have already achieved your professional welding specialized certification.
· You are a business fluent in English. Intercultural experience shall add more value to the candidature.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 85782
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time