Senior Investigator, Compliance Case Handling
Background: Siemens AG is an international leader in electronics and electrical engineering. More than 360,000 employees worldwide, who develop and manufacture products, design and set up systems and provide solutions in the areas of industry, energy and healthcare.
Siemens Compliance, the compliance organization of Siemens, advises the business units and operating divisions worldwide in all legal matters related to compliance. Our international team thinks of itself as a partner for Siemens business managers that provides support in matters of observing, developing and implementing compliance-related strategies and regulations for the company. Our Compliance organization aims to occupy a leading position in the field worldwide with the help of first-class employees.
The Senior Investigator, Compliance Case Handling (Singapore Office), is responsible for conducting and reporting on all compliance investigations in the region.
The investigations assigned to the Office are generally complex and sensitive with possible criminal and / or disciplinary consequences. Such case activity requires interaction with Senior Management in the region and with external investigative bodies and law enforcement agencies in the absence of the Head of Compliance Regulatory Asia Australia.
The Senior Investigator must ensure that investigations conducted in the region take into account the various cultural norms that may impact upon successful investigation activity.
The Senior Investigator reports to the Head of Compliance Regulatory Asia Australia.
- Primarily responsible for the planning, conduct, management and reporting on all investigations under the responsibility of the Regional Office.
- Provide support, training, guidance and direction in the analysis and investigation of highly complex compliance-related matters.
- Responsible for representing the Compliance Case Handling Asia Australia Office to senior management and external entities, such as public and private sector investigative agencies in the region, as required, in the absence of the Head of Compliance Regulatory Asia Australia.
- Strategic - Innovative
- Results oriented
- Teamwork Focus
- Value orientation
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Broad understanding of legal issues affecting investigations
- Sound Representational skills
- Highly developed interviewing skills
- Ability to manage conflict resolution issues
- Ability to identify, analyze and report on compliance risks
- Analytical skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience in working with the relevant software such as MS Office, and the ability to learn and operate specific investigative IT applications for investigations
- 10+ years professional experience in the listed duties and responsibilities; preferably experience in international financial crime investigations such as experience with a governmental investigative agency; Siemens-wide experience can be an advantage
- 5+ years investigative managerial experience with a proven record of success; alternatively, other equivalent experience in fields like legal and compliance will be considered.
- Previous international and multi-cultural experience desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Strong command of Mandarin or other regional languages is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or similar fields);
- Other Qualification with comparable skill set or significant, relevant experience
- Significant travel across the region required for the position. (50%)
Job ID: 85889
Organisation: Legal and Compliance
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time