Technical Writer – Localization Expert
Are you passionate about growing your Technical Writer-Localization expert skills? We are looking for an energetic and talented Technical Writer to join our R&D team in Bangalore.
With over 1,800 research operatives worldwide, the Corporate Technology department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations.
Here is your role. What part will you play?
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories. To make difference join our Digitalization and Technology Solutions team based in Bangalore.
Preparation and optimization of files for translation process (various file formats). Analyze and streamline process of translation and localization within Motion Control Documentation team, Bengaluru.
· Preparation and optimization of files for translation process (various file formats).
· Responsible for software localization and localization testing.
· Identify UI defects such as unsupported fonts, incorrect button- and drop-down list sizes, inaccurate division of words.
· Review/validate strings, plan and schedule translations with subject matter experts. Check plausibility, optimize translation results, and generate translation packages.
· Planning and tracking status of project requirements, adhering to standard processes and ensuring on-time delivery of deliverables
· Understanding needs of the domain, end customers, and orienting operations towards meeting these needs
· Driving collaboration with stakeholders across all locations, conducting meetings, reporting status, ensuring partner satisfaction, and enabling best practice sharing
BE/B. Tech - (Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Computer Science, or Information Technology)
Experience and skill set
· 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of technical documentation/localization
· 1 to 2 years’ experience in localization engineering
· Proficiency in working with localization tools such as Passolo, Catalyst etc.
· Technical writing expertise - Knowledge of end-user documentation/product documentation/technical documentation
· Awareness of Content Management System
· Create scripts and/or macros to support repetitive tasks performed by project managers.
· Familiarity with Lean/Agile development is preferable
· Familiarity with at least one foreign language (German, Spanish) would be an advantage
· Should be able to multi-task, managing multiple project activities and organizational responsibilities effectively
· Ability to work as individual contributor and take ownership
· Must be result focused, process and quality oriented
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Should be willing to travel for project requirements
· Knowledge / Competencies
· Basic knowledge of Industrial Automation (preferred)
· Familiarity with programming
· Strong writing skills, decision making skills, good at planning & effective in communication with rich information gathering skills
· Preferred Inter-Personnel Skills /
· Strong Team Player, Self-motivated, Analytical Thinker, Good Communication
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
If you have any questions, just mail to email@example.com
Job ID: 86118
Organisation: Corporate Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time