Fact Finding and Commissioning Engineer
Fact Finding & Commissioning Engineer - Gas Turbines
Performs advanced commissioning, troubleshooting and fact finding tasks on gas turbines, steam turbines or generators and associated auxiliary systems. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
What are my responsibilities?
- Maintaining optimum interaction with Project Leader, Design departments and customer representatives - Ensuring that all project related activities are planned and executed in accordance with QA standards and procedures, the relevant project documentation, as well as health and safety requirements.
- Perform commissioning and fact finding activities on gas turbines, steam turbines or generators in power station worldwide in accordance with Siemens Standards.
- Cost effective execution of work within allocated budget and time - This calls for effective planning aimed at optimal use of resources for maximum productivity.
- Support sales and planning departments in the preparation of tenders, quotations, time schedules and requirement lists.
- Participate in customer meetings and provide technical support during sales efforts.
- Identifies potential delays and minimizes their impact. Supports claim management.
- Over 2 years of experience in engineering position, preferably Mechanical engineering, Potential to lead small team.
- Power plant maintenance experience is an advantage.
What do I need to know?
- Willingness to work abroad.
- Willingness to do shift work.
- Frequent travelling required.
- Team Player
Job ID: 86154
Organisation: Power Generation Services
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time